𝟥𝟨 | 𝖥𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖬𝗒 𝖣𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗋

Start from the beginning

ONE HOUR LATER

I watch as Elijah puts his gun away after he just put a bullet in between the mole's eyes. He broke a few minutes ago but wouldn't say much. From what Elijah and I gathered, he is nothing else but someone who was assigned to do the dirty work.

Meaning William does not care what happens to the mole he planted here. We weren't able to get any information on where Alessandra is, though. My heart is breaking every minute that passes, wondering whether she's safe or not, knowing that she is probably scared out of her mind. I leave and make my way to the weapon room.

I grab just enough guns and knives to fit into the slots of the jumpsuit I'm wearing. "Serenity, where are you going?"

I'm gonna track down any small and local Albanian gangs that are lingering around the city and kill them. William decided to declare war the second he decided to take my daughter away from me. If he wants it, he'll get it.

"I'm doing my part in looking for Alessandra. Please do the same, Elijah." He tries to catch my arm but I notice just in time and move it away from him.

What I'm about to do will catch a lot of attention on me but I'm going to do whatever the hell it takes to have my daughter back in my arms again.

THREE HOURS LATER

THREE HOURS LATER

"You're telling me you can't find Serenity's location?" I ask Ryan.

"Elijah, she took off the jewelry she always wears. She knew we would use the tracking chip in them to find her."

Chicago is currently experiencing La Diabla's wrath. Most of that wrath is directed towards any and all Albanian men she finds. At least that's what my men are reporting back to me. I'm starting to get worried because she's been out for about three hours now.

I know she can take care of herself but not if she's getting exhausted. She must be getting tired because there's no way she'll be able to keep this up much longer.

The number of kills have been lowering down since she started. Hell she even stopped saying her famous line, 'besos' and leaving her signature on the bodies about an hour ago. That's what worries me more because I don't think she's thinking straight anymore because I know for a fact it isn't her if she doesn't say that one word before killing someone.

"Wait. I think I found her!" I stand behind Cassandra and watch the computer in front of me. Bella Rain and Jonathan are the next two to stand beside me. They came by as soon as they got my papa's call. Grayson also went to pick Odette up from her apartment and bring her here.

At this point, the mansion is a last minute safe house because I'm not letting anyone else I care about leave.

"Are you sure that's her?" The figure is facing away from the camera, looking down at the ground.

"Yes, that's her. I can recognize Serenity's hair from anywhere." Bella Rain adds.

A few seconds pass before the figure turns around. It is her. Red light is reflecting onto her as she stares at someone in front of her, looking at them from head to toe. "I question why dear ol' William thought it would be a good idea to gather any men he can without thinking that some are just scared to follow his orders. Okay so let's strike a deal . . . yes?" No response from whoever Serenity is talking to but all she does is chuckle before she continues talking. "You can run along and deliver a quick message to your lovely leader...tell him that he has officially declared war on La Diabla and she will not stop until he is six feet under the ground."

Serenity looks at the camera for a split second before she disappears into the fog.

"And the girl knows we've been spying on her just now." Aria says.

I sigh and turn my attention to Samuel. "Anything on Alessandra's location?" He shakes his head no. "Keep looking. I'm not stopping until I know my daughter is home safe."

· • —– · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · —– • ·

I lean against the wall, closing my eyes for a few seconds. I needed to take a breather, even if it's only for a few seconds. Footsteps catch my attention, making me look at the direction it's coming from.

I place my hand on my gun and walk closer to the noise. A sigh of relief escapes me, realizing it's Serenity.

"Serenity, wait." I managed to catch up and follow her to our room. "Serenity!"

"Elijah, I didn't say anything about you all looking for me. I was going to come back eventually. I just needed to-"

"Let out a bloodshed in the city of Chicago?"

"Exactly." She pauses. "Alessandra?"

"Nothing yet."

"Oh my god." She takes a deep breath, trying to keep herself from crying. "My baby girl-" She runs her fingers through her hair and starts hitting her foot against the bed frame. "God, where the fuck did they take her?!" She yells this time.

I need to restrain her somehow because I don't want her to continue hurting herself but I also need to figure out how I'm going to do it without hurting myself in the process. Serenity starts hitting her fists against the end of the bed frame, letting me know I should get her to stop before she hurts herself.

I quickly wrap my arms around her and tighten my grip so she doesn't get free. "Eliijah, let me go." She begins moving around trying to get out of my grip. "I will fucking hurt you if you don't let me go."

"No you won't, Serenity." Half of a lie. I know for a fact she would hurt me but not a lot.

"Let me go, Elijah-" This time her voice sounded like a whisper while trying to hold back her cries. "Alessandra is missing."

"I know. We will find her." Serenity breaks down in tears in my arms. We both fall to the ground a moment later. I don't know what else I can do but be here for her until she gets through it.

· • —– · • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • · —– • ·

I will update with one more chapter tonight to make up for not updating yesterday. Then I also want to update a chapter every day this week since I'm off from school for spring break, I hope I'll be able to go through with the schedule I have planned for this week.

— cristal g.