Chapter 19 Losing Sight

⬆️ Featured soundtrack.

The previous night...

The antique chiming clock struck midnight in the shadows of Giovanni Vultaggio's study. Two people occupied it – Giovanni himself in his armchair and agent Yoo Min Seo, who stood stiff and straight backed in front of his desk.

"Are you sure about your information?" Min Seo asked Giovanni.

"My men found a lead and I am not about to let it slip out of my hands again because of some foreign skepticism." Giovanni said in a hard voice.

"Hmm." Min Seo said, pursing her lips. "Very well. We will approach them our way this time. If the Rogue Ranger suspects anything, it will be over. We will lose both him and the girl."

"I already sent my men ahead tonight. They should bring back results by morning." Giovanni said.

"Without informing us? You put this mission at risk again!" Min Seo said in a sharp voice. Giovanni merely grinned in a furtive manner.

"You are welcome to send your own men after them. After all, you are a spy. You should have figured out a simple way of tracking them before me." he said. Min Seo clenched her jaws before turning on her heels to leave.

"Oh, and one more thing." Giovanni said lazily from his armchair. "There are only two hundred and ten Aston Martin Rapide S models in the world. Gas stations are so reliable. I am being generous in providing this clue for you." Min Seo said nothing but walked away although her mind was calculating. Giovanni picked up his phone, dialing a number.

"What progress have you made?" he asked when a man picked up.

"We are not far from the mountains. There is a snow storm so it will be difficult to reach the village."

"No matter. My prey cannot fly away in a blizzard. They will not go anywhere tonight. Keep track of the car." Giovanni said and put down the phone. He smiled in a blood chilling way to himself.

"I will have you soon, Miss Talavera." 

The little diner where Laura and Ji Hoon had dined the previous day was packed the next morning

The little diner where Laura and Ji Hoon had dined the previous day was packed the next morning. As for the village, people had already started decking it out for the harvest festival, hanging leafy wreaths and streamers on every building. Parade floats were already half made and children were running around unable to contain their excitement at the forthcoming celebrations. It was as if the snow storm hadn't happened at all; at any rate, the people weren't about to let it hinder their celebrations.

"Are you sure you want something for the road?" Ji Hoon asked Laura unwillingly at the diner counter. They were in disguise again and quite unrecognizable.