Playing With Fire {18}

Start from the beginning

"I was being chivlerous and walking this fair maiden to class." Dameon gestures to Ollie.

"Was he bugging you?" I flatly ask, knowing it's a good possibility. He's already bugging me, and we aren't even through the first part of the day.

"No," Ollie giggles, pushing off the wall. Her gaze shifts behind me, and her smile slightly falls. When I follow her gaze, I see Becca stepping up behind me. "Dameon was just being nice and making sure I didn't get lost."

I frown and glance between the two of them. "You know the school better than he does."

"Well." Ollie shrugs and heads into class. "It's the thought that counts."

Dameon's green eyes light up as a broad smile spreads across his dumb thin face. "See, Ollie gets me." His attention turns to her as he gives her a doe-eyed loving look that makes me want to punch him. "I think I found my soulmate." Dameon bites his fist and acts like he's getting choked up.

His antic pull a sweet giggle from Ollie while behind me; Becca pushes past us all to get to class. On her way, she shakes her head. "God, you're such an idiot."

I don't think I could agree more. I shove Dameon down the hall. "Get to class."

Dameon gets swept up on the steady stream of kids heading to class, but it doesn't stop him from shouting over the top of everyone's heads, "You'll never keep our love apart, Zane! Ollie and I are meant to be!"

The attentive eyes of our peers look between the three of us, just making the urge to kill him even stronger.

"I love you Olivia! Remember me!" He shouts as she's pushed around the corner and out of view.

"I hate him." I grumble as I shake my head and turn my attention to Ollie.

Her fit of giggles turns her cheeks a cute shade of pink. "I think he's great."

"You just like him because he annoys the shit out of me." I cast her a knowing look before placing my hand on her back and guiding her into the classroom.

"That is a fact." Ollie walks back to our shared table and drops her backpack next to her chair before taking a seat. "But he's also actually fun."

I stop mid-air as I'm taking a seat and scowl at her before slipping into the putrid light teal chair that clashed with the deep hunter green of the table. "What the hell does that mean? I'm fun."

Ollie's nose wrinkles as she gives me this doubtful look. "Are you though?" The hint of a smirk shows me she's teasing.

"Yes." I playfully pinch her ribs, making her laugh. "And speaking of fun. I want to take you down to Blair Port to the pier."

That makes Ollie perk up even more. She turns her whole body toward me. Her deep ocean-blue eyes swirl with hope as she asks, "Just you and me?"

"Yeah." I smirk and tuck a rogue curl that's fallen into her face behind her ear. "Who else would I bring?"

"I wasn't sure if you'd be able to pry yourself away from my new self proclaimed lover." The corner of her lip slips up into a slight grin as she bites back a laugh.

Like I'd let that little shit come along. "I'd tie him to Nan's front proch before I let him follow. So what do you say? You me and the pier next Saturday?"

"Zane!" Becca's voice startles both Ollie and me as her hands slap down on our desk. With a jolt, I look up at her. An overly sweet smile is plastered on her face, one that she used to have when something was irritating her but didn't want to show it. Becca's cool-grey eyes shift between Ollie and me. "Amber, Grace, and I were going to have a study session tonight to get ready for the semester finals coming up. I was wondering, if you wanted to come too?"