Chapter 6

*Gabriel's Pov*

The day had finally come. The day of the audition was today and what was I doing you may ask? Dealing with dumbasses. If you still haven't caught on, yes, I mean Vikki and her bootlickers.

We had bumped into eachother at the audition studio and before I could get away, of course, she recognized me and made a scene in which now I am choosing to ignore as we speak. In your case as you read.

"I don't think you understand-" Vikki tried to argue. I was finally fed up.

"No, I don't think you understand. I have every right to tryout, I'm fed up with your threats. I'm going to audition and fight for my spot as the next 8th member." I said firmly. She only smirks and walks away, "Go for it. I dare you."

I felt tears threatening to fall, not in fear but in relief. I had done it. After years of constant torture and harassment. I finally stood up for myself and it felt good. I threw my head back and stared at the ceiling ignoring the lump in my throat, "Focus..." I managed to croak out afraid of erupting into a full out sob.

The busy hallway where I stood in soon became silent, I paced back and forth anxiously waiting for my name. My heartbeat quickened with every passing second, I have to dance my heart out. I can't mess this up, all those hours of practicing techniques and cleaning up the choreography can not go to waste here. Just then, the door swung open revealing Vikki with a smug look before scoffing in my direction and walking out to meet her friends. Which only made me more nervous, I was the last one. I had to top Vikki's routine or I'll seriously never be able to live with myself. Not after I told her I would absolutely fight for my place and that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

"Mr. Lee?" A woman called out as she peered out the door before turning to me with a genuine smile. "You're our last one, huh? Don't be anxious just do your best. The judges are waiting for you." She said motioning me inside to which I nervously shuffled inside.

This was it.

As I walked in, the woman led me to an open studio— mirrors covered the entire room making it impossible to hide any mistakes made while preforming. Off to the side on the room was the judge's table, I quickly took notice Jhope was sitting in one of the three judges chairs. My heart dropped. Although very excited to see him, my stress levels were completely through the roof. His face looked nothing like his usual persona, he finished scribbling down some final notes before looking up to notice me. His blank stare never faltering. I gulped before instinctively bowing, muttering a small greeting.

The woman from before suddenly introduced me, "Lee Gabriel, auditioning for Singer and Dancer." With that, all the judges are quick to jot down a thing or two on their notepads. Once they look up, Jhope is the first to speak, "Nice to meet you, Gabriel. What will you be preforming for us today?"

"Blood, Sweat and Tears! I-...I'm going to be preforming Blood, Sweat and Tears." I shuddered.
Just as those words leave my mouth, I feel myself begin to sweat. My hands although clammy— cold to the touch.
"Alright. Whenever you're ready, Mr. Lee." With a quick nod, I position myself in the beginning stance of the choreography before taking a deep breath.
Just as the music began to play, I felt myself breathe with every step of the tune. The song completely drowning out any sound, just the slight sound of squeaky sneakers on the floor and the lyrics falling out from my lips with grace. Before I knew it the song was over and I zoned back in, still in the final pose of the choreography.

I wish I could've stayed in the zone longer because the room was silent, the only sound that could be heard was the tapping and scribbling of pens on paper. The silence was almost unbearable. The woman that escorted me in from before gave me a small little thumbs up. I forced a small smile unsure of how to think of my performance just now after the judge's reaction but suddenly my train of thought is completely stopped by Jhope clearing his throat. Quickly, capturing my attention to which I turn rather quickly and anxiously.

"One last thing before you go, Mr. Lee." He asked slightly leaning in resting his chin on his hand.

"How do you think you did?"

Silence.

I stopped everything.
Breathing, fidgeting, all of it.
I never once took into consideration my thoughts on how I ever did anything. I was always so used to be told if I was of use or if my efforts were satisfactory to others. Hearing this wasn't new but hearing it from him after putting my all into this performance...well it definitely made me think.

"I'm not sure-"

"That's not an answer." He said sternly.

"I did my best! That I do know...I put everything I had into that performance." I replied back just as clear, my gaze never faltering from Hoseok's. As if broken from a trace Jhope is quick to flash a large grin before breaking out into a laugh. Stunned by his reaction all I can do is stare, he stands up from where he sat and handed me a business card with his companies contact information.

"If you're in, you'll get news from our manager about the next steps. See ya, Mr. Lee~"

eh?

Just as I was leaving the building, I stopped. I stared off into nothing before speaking aloud to myself "How'd the heck did he do that?"

I couldn't manage to comprehend how quickly that man could change his persona but then again I am also the same guy who can't see through a disguise, no matter how obvious. I looked back at the business card, admiring the fancy design as it danced over the luxurious material. I couldn't help but stare in awe at it, my worries quickly disappeared.

It was over.

Now all I had to do was wait and hope for the best.

Here! Take it! I know not many people are gonna read it but for those who really wanted it...here take it.
I hope this one captures how much I grew as a writer from then till now.
Hope you enjoyed it!!!
;)