Hell Hath No Fury

Set after HTTYD 2.
I definitely did not write this in the bathtub 😂

It's a little rushed cause it's my birthday so got a lot going on but I hope you enjoy it. Xx

Requests are welcome 💛

***

"JUST CLEAN IT UP!" Hiccup's voice echoed louder than ever, terrifying the twins to the very soul.

"But-"

"NO! TUFFNUT, I DON'T CARE. I HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH. JUST DO IT!" He ordered.

"Geez, who died and made you chief?" Snotlout snickered. Hiccup let out a primal growl as if he were about to pounce. Which is exactly what he would've done, were it not for;

"Hiccup?"

The sound of Astrid's voice soothed him immensely, though his deadly glare remained locked onto Snotlout.

The blonde made her way over to her auburn-haired boyfriend, unclenching his fist and linking their fingers together before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"It's okay." She spoke softly with that same empathetic look Hiccup had grown to know.

"Astrid, you were supposed to be watching them!" His voice had lowered significantly but still held a considerable amount of rage.

"Hiccup, I can't be there to watch them twenty-four hours a day." She explained.

"In her defense, she only left to take a leak. She was only gone for a minute or two." Ruffnut defended.

"YOU DID ALL THIS IN A MINUTE?!" He gestured to the completely demolished arena.

"Or two!" Tuffnut added. "It really is a new record." Hiccup growled once again.

"Chief..."

"Not now, Sven." Hiccup warned.

"But I-"

"I SAID NOT NOW!"

"What's your problem?!" Snotlout scowled as Fishlegs entered the battered arena.

"My problem?! Seriously?!"Hiccup glared. "I have an entire village to run, which isn't as easy as it looks and the last thing I need right now is to be cleaning up after you!"

"Gods, you're worse than Stoick." Snotlout exhaled. "It was one tiny explosion. Did you really need to unleash all your wrath on us?!"

"Snotlout!" Fishlegs attempted to warn him off.

"I WOULDN'T HAVE TO IF YOU COULD FOLLOW SIMPLE ORDERS!"

"Okay, that's it!" Astrid huffed. She mounted her boyfriend's dragon. "Stormfly." Toothless took off with Stormfly close behind and scooped up his rider before flying away from the island.

"Where's she taking him?" Ruffnut wondered.

"To what Hiccup's really angry at," Fishlegs informed.

"Astrid, what are you doing?! Put me down!" Hiccup struggled to get out of his Night Fury's grasp. The blonde just ignored him until they reached a terrifyingly familiar island, covered with large spikes of ice. Toothless dropped Hiccup at the very edge of the Island before landing close by. "Astrid, why would you bring me here?!" He shrieked.

"Tell him, Hiccup." She said softly. "It's alright to hate him."

Hiccup raced to his dragon who leaped onto a large spike out of his reach. Though he continued to try climbing to reach him.

"You should hate him," Astrid added. Hiccup stopped his attempts and just clung to the icy rock. "When my Uncle died, I hated him for it." She continued, fighting a few tears. "I was alone, and I hated him!" Hiccup let his hands slip from their grasp. "It's okay to hate Stoick!"

Hiccup spun around to face her, slow and dramatic.

"How dare you?!" He looked towards the ocean racing to where they had set his father adrift, picking up a large rock and tossing it into the waters. "How dare you leave me?! How could you go and die and leave me here all alone?! Please come back." He sobbed hysterically, letting out a scream and falling to his knees. "I need you. Please come back."

Astrid slowly made her way over and pulled him close as he sobbed into her chest.

"Shh, it's okay." She rocked him back and forth, gently brushing her hand through his messy auburn hair.

"It's not okay. He risked his life every day and he never thought about what would happen to me if he was gone." He rasped between rapid breaths, shaking his head.

"I know." Astrid had to wipe a few tears she had involuntarily allowed to slip.

"How could he think that I could live without him?"

"Hiccup, he had faith in you. He trusted you to take care of the entire village. You are the strongest person any of us have ever known. You're trying so hard to be your father. Maybe we just needed Hiccup."

***