Vision Improved

Please excuse this chapter. I wrote it on the train and nearly missed my station 😂

Set after Blindsided and before Shell Shocked.

Requests are welcome x

***

*THUD*

"Astrid?!" Hiccup shrieked, startled by the noise coming from the loft of his hut. "Are you okay?!" He called up the stairs.

"I-I'm okay." She assured. "I just dropped my shirt."

"You know I'm not buying that." Hiccup stated. "What was the shirt made of? Gronkle Iron?"

"I may have been wearing it." She explained. "And you really think I'm as heavy as Gronkle Iron?!" She thought.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just tripped!" She insisted.

"Tripped on what?" Hiccup wondered. You see, despite the mess in the downstairs portion of his hut, the loft was rather tidy. Just his bed and;

"Toothless' rock," Astrid noted as she began to descend the stairs.

"How on earth did you manage that- Woah!" He gasped as she missed the bottom step and stumbled into him, falling into his chest and forcing them both to the ground.

"Sorry." She winced. "Are you okay?" She checked, not bothering to get up just yet.

"Are you?" He worried. "I thought I was the clumsy one."

Astrid let out a sigh as Hiccup's hand softly brushed her cheek. She pushed herself off the ground and offered him a hand up.

"You still are the clumsy one." She defended. "I'm just having a Hiccup day."

"Oh, a Hiccup day? That's real funny." He rolled his eyes, sarcastically. "Does this mean I get an Astrid day?"

"And what would that entail?"

"Looking after you when you do something Hiccupy." He explained.

"I can look after myself perfectly fine, thank you." Astrid insisted.

"So, no Astrid day?" The blonde shook her head. "So, we're both Hiccups? Two Hiccups? Are you sure we can handle that?"

Astrid slapped him playfully on the arm.

"Shut up." She teased.

"And I would say it's time to get you fed." Hiccup taunted, knowing that Astrid would quickly grow cranky if she didn't eat soon. "Breakfast?"

"Breakfast." Astrid agreed.

***

The young couple sauntered into the clubhouse where the other riders were all gathered for breakfast. Chicken soup. Despite living on Dragons Edge for nearly a year, Astrid managed to catch her foot on a loose plank of wood in the floor and stumble to maintain her balance. Hiccup caught her once again.

"Okay, maybe you should sit down," Hiccup suggested as he led her to a chair and sat her down. "Before you hurt yourself." He waltzed over to the center table, returning with a bowl in each hand, passing one to Astrid.

The blonde almost missed the bowl, accidentally slipping her thumb into the scorching liquid.

"Ah!" She shrieked, immediately shaking her thumb off and placing it against her lips.

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous." Hiccup thought. "What's going on with you today?"

"So she tripped and burned her thumb. What's the big deal?" Snotlout wondered.