The Cuteness of Hiccstrid 2

Set after HTTYD THW but the dragons didn't leave. And Heather's there for the Hiccstrid wedding because I like Heather.

***

"No!" Astrid squealed as Hiccup chased her into the arena, both giggling profusely. They quickly halted when they noticed the gang were already there. Hiccup gave Astrid a quick tickle, earning a squeak of surprise before they both took a seat.

"Where have you guys been?" Fishlegs wondered.

"Bucket was giving away free snow cones in the plaza." Hiccup explained.

"Snow cones?!" The twins gasped and raced out of the arena.

"Is that why your tongues are purple?" Heather thought.

"Yup," Astrid announced. "Mine was red."

"Mine was Blue," Hiccup added.

"Oh..." Heather took a moment to process the information. "Oh!" She giggled. The young couple soon joined in before leaning in for a kiss.

"Geez, Hiccstrid. Get a room." Snotlout groaned.

"We have one." Hiccup reminded.

"Then use it."

"Hiccup's the chief. Technically he runs the whole island. So, we can kiss wherever we like. If you don't like it, then don't look." Astrid suggested.

"Ugh fine." He whined. Suddenly, Meatlug flew into the arena.

"Hey, done with your flight already?" Fishlegs wondered as he lifted FishMeat—Meatlug's daughter— from his bag on her saddle. The young Gronckle leaped out of his arms and darted towards Hiccup, who immediately scooped her up in his arms.

"Hey, FishMeat." He chuckled as the small boulder class dragon curled up in his lap and drifted off to sleep.

"She's so cute." Astrid sighed happily as she gently stroked a soothing hand across the Gronckle's back.

"Babies usually are." Hiccup chuckled. "I wonder what ours will look like." The riders all backed up hastily, expecting Astrid to punch him. She usually did when he brought it up around them. But alas, she didn't.

"We'll find out someday." She smiled, not losing attention on the Gronckle.

"Wait, that's it? You're not gonna hit me?" He thought. "Astrid, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine, Hiccup." Astrid chuckled at his protective boyfriend paranoia. "I've been thinking about it a lot. Since Gobber brought up the whole marriage thing. And I guess it would be fun to have a little Hiccup running around."

"Oh for the love of Thor, please don't let our child be a Hiccup." He pleaded with the gods.

"What's wrong with him being a Hiccup?" Astrid giggled questioningly.

"Hey, how are you so sure we're gonna have a boy?" Hiccup wondered.

"Just a feeling. Besides, you're the chief. You have to pass that on to somebody."

"You're right. But, boy or girl. They will make a great chief. I think Berk could use a bit of Female Hofferson authority." He explained.

"But, a girl as chief? Has that ever been done before?" Astrid thought.

"No, but since when have I done anything by the book?"

"That's true." Astrid agreed. "But, it's still gonna be a boy."

"Well, I disagree."

"Okay, here's the deal. Whoever wins gets to name them." Astrid offered.

"Does everything have to be a competition with you?" Heather chimed in.

"You're on." Hiccup agreed, offering his hand for her to shake.

"Hiccup, you know how I feel about the handshakes." Astrid rolled her eyes, pulling him into a kiss.

"So, you really think we're ready for that?" Hiccup asked at a whisper, though everyone was being strangely silent, finding this conversation rather interesting.

"Well, not right this second." She giggled. "But, we have the wedding next week and then, I guess. I mean. If you are. I just assumed, because you've always wanted kids and you have been talking about it for months now."

"Astrid..." Hiccup halted her rambling. "I'm ready whenever you are. We don't have to rush anything."

"I know." She smiled.

"Hiccup!" Ruffnut rasped as she raced into the arena. "Tuffnut's in a bit of a situation."

"For now, we'll just use the twins as a test run." Astrid chuckled.

"Oh, Thor don't let it be twins." He added. "What did he do now?" Hiccup groaned.

"He slipped on paint in the plaza. Someone must've spilled it and forgotten to clean up the evidence. Amateurs." Ruff scoffed.

"What kind of muttonhead would spill paint and forget to clean it up?" Astrid wondered. Hiccup glanced down at her with a guilty look in his eye. "Oh, it was my muttonhead."

"I'll be right back, Babe." He gently kissed her forehead before hopping off the ground.

"I thought he was past that clumsy awkward phase?" Heather noted. Just then, as if on cue, Hiccup bumped into the wall beside the arena gates, dropping the bucket and mop he had scooped up on the way and landing rather hard on the ground.

"Not even close." Astrid rolled her eyes playfully at him, letting out a giggle as she went to help him to his feet, grabbing the bucket and his hand to lead him to the arena. "There you go chief."

***