37: Some Things Are Meant To Be

Gojo ruffles with ririro's hair " be a good girl till I come back. I promise to bring back snacks for you. "

Ririro : um !

Reimi ; ririro ! Mission !

Ririro; coming.

Gojo watched ririro leave. Dante came over " what, is your relationship with her ?"

Gojo: why do you care ? You said you were here to chase the curse that came here isn't it ?

Dante ; I am.

Gojo; Anna will be alright in a few days. You'll be able to kill that curse finally and Anna can get separated from the ruby.

Dante : I intend to stay.

Gojo: to stay ?

Dante ; hai. Ririro is... Lovable. I want her as my lover. So... Are you my rival ?

Gojo hesitates for a while. He then puts on a smile " ririro... Is precious to me. If you hurt her, I'll kill you. Even if you're human. " And he leaves.

__________________________________

Dante: so... I know we've waited a few days for Anna to be recovered. So in the meantime, I've called my sensei. He gave me this tracking seal.

Reimi: been wanting to ask. Who is, your sensei?

Dante ; he's shisui.

Reimi ; that's it ?

Dante ; I don't know his last name. He never wants to give it to me. Just asks me, to mind my own business. Not to ask unnecessary stupid things.

Reimi ; I see.

Dante: anyway, he's coming and reaching tonight at 2.30am. I think we can wait.

Reimi ; I think we can handle it. The curse is not that strong, according to ririro

Dante : but it hides. Shisui-san has this spell where it can pinpoint its location. Unlike... This one I have. Just a general vicinity.

Reimi: I can do it.

Dante ; what ?

Reimi : Yup. Let's go.

__________________________________

Hakiro sees Reimi copying out a scroll from their library " tracking a curse? "

Reimi : this one hides.

Hakiro ; I see.

Reimi: oh ya... Jii. Do you know someone called shisui ?

Hakiro: why ?

Reimi : I think... He is a Houin. He can use our seals.

Hakiro ; what do you mean , our ? You know we're not the only ones who can use seals. This  is a practice that is learnable.

Reimi : I know, but the one I saw. That seal... I recognise it, it has our own family distinct features.

Hakiro ; I see

Reimi ; so , do you know ? Of a shisui.

Hakiro : .... Hmph.

Reimi : you do ?

Hakiro : you see that brat, you tell him to get his ass here.

Reimi: er... Ok.

.
.
.

Reimi was done copying and so she left. On the way she was down the hill, she passed someone. She didn't know him, so she took a glance. But she wasn't a busybody either. So she continued her way down.

__________________________________

" Yo. Hakiro-nii. "

Hakiro turned around " you stupid brat. Heard you came back. "

" You're... Getting old. " This, was shisui talking. They were cousins. But they lived under the same roof and hakiro taught him too. Not as much as he did to Mari. But still, shisui looked up to him as an elder brother. They were 7 years old apart.

Hakiro : like you aren't. Your daughter is all grown up. Do you even know how old she is now ?

Shisui : I know. 23 . I keep track , nii. Even though I'm not here. I'm... Not good, as a father.

Hakiro ; you shouldn't have left.

Shisui: you know why I need to.

Hakiro sighed " Why are you back ? What have you been doing ? Really selling pon de ring donuts ?

Shisui smiled a little " um. All sorts of flavour. I remember it made her smile too. Her first bite of pon de ring donut. Made her fell love with it instantly. Her little hands just reaching out for more."

Hakiro ; but ?

Shisui ;  But... Didn't really sell for long. I guess, some jobs are for life.

Hakiro: ... Why are you back ?

Shisui : the only reason I left. He's back.

Hakiro ; are you sure ?

Shisui: yes. Nii. I don't know how he found out. But he did. I think he's been waiting all this time...

Hakiro ; I guess some things are meant to be. Just like you coming back here.