21: Mari & The Haunted House

* slice *

The huge mass of bubbley grey muddy curse was cut into half and it disappears.

She plays the scythe in her hand by swinging it in between her fingers " done." And she slots it into the holder she wore at the back.

" Mari !! Blade !! Cover it !! "

" Right right. " And she picks up the cloth and starts to tie the blade up. She then looks to the man who was talking to her. " Sensei. What are you doing here?"

" Need you to go somewhere else

" Need you to go somewhere else." This was her teacher, or at least the one who trained her at first. She used to call him sensei and couldn't change at a short time. In reality, he was only 10 years older than her.

She was 12 years old when she got her Grade 2 class. She was truly what they called talented. 18 years old, and she was Grade 1 class.

Mari : go where ?

" destroy a grade 3 curse. "

Mari : doesn't have to be me.

" that place... It's distasteful. Others don't want to go."

Mari : so I should go ? Why should I take the unwanted mission ? Hakiro.

Hakiro : it's haunted. And calling me hakiro, isn't going to get you off the mission.

Mari ; -_- really ?? ~~

Hakiro:  it has a lot of curses . Needs a cleanup. It's a mansion. I know you like destroying. "

Mari : hehe. Ok

__________________________________

She reaches the mansion with her luggage and feels the aura from it " yup.A lot... Of curses."

She entered the mansion and was greeted by the butler, an old man. She was directed to the living room where the master of the house sat.

" You're the help. "

Mari ; hai.

" I see. Bring her to her room. "

Mari: wait. I need to know. Is there some background to this mansion ?

" You mean, to why it's haunted ?"

Mari : hai.

" This place used to be a battlefield. My ancestors did not believe in superstition hence built on it. But I guess lust for blood runs in the family. Our family has been training and been in the business of assassins for many years. My people... Do bring their business back home from time to time."

Mari : I see.

It's brimming with curses. Small curses waking everywhere. Medium sized one too... I guess there are big ones hidden who knows where.

" You will be compensated well for your job. This... Cleansing."

Mari ; I understand.

__________________________________

She entered the room she was offered. And she sees annoying curses in corners of her room, even under her bed, a head pops out one. She rolls her eyes " I can see, all of you. Scram. Before I kill all of you. "

And one jumps upon her shoulder.

" You think I'm like the others . " She grabs with her hand and squeezes. The curse explodes and disappears.

The other curses see and realized what and who she is. They all clear the room immediately.

Mari : now I can have a good sleep.