27: A Glimpse into Her Past

" Miss Jou " a man in suit was waiting for her at the train station.

Ririro ; .... Why are you here ?

" I'm the one who called the hotline."

Ririro : I really should quit that thing.

Gojo ; you know him ?

Ririro : um. He's jou family's guard. My grandfather's.  Shouldn't you be by his side ?

" He wants to see you. "

Ririro ; why ? To ask me to come back home ?

" Yes. So that he can tell you something before he dies.".

Ririro : what ? I thought he was all ok.

" Cursed. Don't bother trying to break it. Master made a deal with that man. There's no turning back."

Ririro : ok. I'll go with you.

__________________________________

She enters the room with gojo beside her. He was at his deathbed. Laid in comfort, with barely some life left.

" You're... Here." The old frail man spoke. His name is Tavin.

Ririro ; grandpa.

Tavin ; I have to tell you your full past. Before I die. Or you'll never know. That son of mine... I've got a feeling he won't ever want to tell you.

Ririro ; about what ?

Tavin : .... Your real father... He is not takano.

Ririro ; what... ? Are you my grandfather ?

Tavin coughs " let me tell you... "

Takano walks in " don't be ridiculous. There's nothing good that will come out of this telling her."

Tavin ; afraid ?

Takano sighs " fine..."

Flashback~

Takano : congratulations. You've got a new kid. Takahi. Anymore new children you want to tell me about ?

Takahi held a little girl's hand " ririro. Go and play over there." and the little girl went to the other side of the room in a corner to play with her toys.

Takahi: .... You have to take her

Takano : what ?

Takahi: you have to take her.

Takano ; she's an illegitimate daughter?

Takahi : yes. She cannot have our family name. Her documents are on the table. But please , please take care of her like our own.

Takano: does your wife know about this ?

Takahi: please. Do this for me. And... Tell father for me goodbye.

Takano: what are you talking about ?

Takahi: I was never suited for this... Business you and father did. Father have been nice enough to help me start a company. We've been doing well.

Takano: I know. I've heard . Father said you did so well your company is listed and you're building one overseas ?

Takahi: I'm moving the headquarters overseas. They're all settled down over there.

Takano: and you just happened to get into trouble huh ? *Laughs*

Takahi: oh shut up .

Takano picks up the files on the table and read it up " Ririro Houin "

Takahi : take very very good care of her. Don't let her come near any monsters.

Takano looked to the little girl "you do know, if I bring her back, I do need an explanation. "

Takahi: just tell father , what I told you.

Takano: and you're just leaving the little girl with us ?

Takahi goes over to her " ririro. Go home with your uncle ok ? He's daddy's brother. "

Ririro ; ok.

Takahi: take very good care of yourself ok. Daddy can't go back home with you.

Ririro ; why ?

Takahi: because daddy wants the best for ririro. Here, your favourite grape juice.

She takes the cup and drinks it " tastes ... Weird. " And she drinks a few more sips not thinking too much about it. To which then she faints.

Takano: woah. She's a little kid . Your kid ! Do you have to ?

Takahi; relax. She'll wake up in a while. She'll forget everything before today. Blocked out. So you can maybe lie to her, she got a high fever and don't remember much. That you, are her new daddy.

Takano; a little extreme much ?

Takahi kisses her in the hair and carried her in his arms and passes to takano " for her best."

End ~

Ririro's legs went weak and she sat onto the floor " so ... So... My daddy gave me away ... Why ? You... Never liked me ? Father. "

Takano took a deep breath in " Angela , my wife your mother, insists we take you. As our own. Said you needed a family. That my ototo is rubbish for having you stay that name, Houin. So we  changed your name to Jou."

Ririro ; I see. So ... You did like me ? A little bit ?

Takano; I'm not the bad guy here. That old man asked me to go pester you.

Ririro ; huh ?

Takano: I knew, one day you would come back to this. You're meant for it. So I trained you.

Ririro ; like an assassin.

Takano: you could have the Missy life. But you weren't meant for that ririro.

Tavin : she wasn't meant for that !! That... That isn't a real job !! You're just scared she takes over your business !!

Takano: this old man called ace back. Not me. But you know, ace is like a wild horse, does much of what he likes.

Tavin ; you never liked her !! Admit it !!

Takano: so desperate to give your business to her ? Right... Right... Because she'll do whatever you want. Desperate to keep the old program ?

Tavin ; the program are passed down generations !!

Takano ; it's smart. But also stupid. That's why I'm scraping it . Take your last breath and die in peace, dad. I have the reins