Bonus

'I can't watch this..' I whispered more to myself than anyone else as I stood in the Repsol garage on Sunday afternoon at the Algarve International Circuit. Currently, the boys were in the last few laps of the races, both Repsol riders fighting each other, or better said the two Marquez brothers battling each other on track for the win. I looked at my dad at the pit wall and saw him bumping his knee up and down nervously. I looked at my right and saw Julia also not holding it together anymore. I couldn't even imagine Roser right now at home in Cervera.

'Are you okay?' Julia asked his daughter-in-law. He pulled on his hair when Alex and Marc almost touched each other at turn nine. 'That was close!'

'I will, once this is over.' I nervously laughed at Julia and briefly touched my small baby bump. 'Your daddy and uncle will be our death one day if they keep pulling stunts like this.' I softly whispered towards Alex's and mine unborn baby.

'Oh, they already are.' Julia overhearing Sarah talking to her belly that was carrying his first grandchild, giving her arm a soft squeeze. Together we watched the screens in the garage as they all went into the last lap. The atmosphere in the Repsol was tense as we all watched the Portugal's Grand Prix unfold right in front of our eyes.

We all knew the day would come to see those two battling each other on track, but that it was happening right now blew my mind and I almost felt emotional thinking that this could be Alex's first win in the MotoGP class. I watched Marc riding right in front of Alex. Alex was so close behind that their wheels were almost touching each other.

'Last sector!' I heard a mechanic from Marc's side yell and both teams went to the pit wall to see one of the two Repsol riders cross the finish line first.

'He goes wide!' Julia yelled next to me as his oldest son made a little mistake of going a little wide into the second last corner. Alex took the opportunity and placed his bike on the inside to take over the lead. The crowd was cheering loudly, the boys putting on an amazing show.

'He's going to do it.' Julia yelled out and I saw Jose biting on his nail from the nerves. Going into the last corner, Alex still leading with Marc still close behind. Happy tears already building up behind my eyes, the hormones not making it easier to control my emotions. Everyone watching in silence as they both came out the last corner onto the straight.

'And Alex Marquez takes the win!' We all heard the commentator yell as we watched Alex crossing the finish line first, with Marc becoming second and Jorge Martin in third. Julia quickly pulled me into a hug, totally ecstatic, before running towards to pit wall celebrating with the Repsol team. I could already hear them cheering.

'He did it!' I yelled to Jose, who was still with me in the garage. I pulled him into a hug as I quickly whipped a tear from my cheek. 

'Your man did it! Now it's only a matter of time before he is going to be a MotoGP World Champion too. Once he gets a taste of a victory, no one can stop him.' Jose winked at the girl in front of him as he puts an arm around my shoulder. 'Let's go to Parc Ferme!'

'Dad!' I yelled as we arrived at Parc Ferme. He already was there with the whole Repsol team. He turned around as he heard me.

'Come here!' He said as I walked towards him, hugging him and taking a place in front of him, standing against the fence, waiting for the riders to arrive. Alberto made sure that she would not get pushed against it because he knew how crazy Parc Ferme could be. 'Alex rode a stunning race! Well deserved. A first to many more to come!'

'He did!' I beamed proudly as the noise suddenly got a lot louder as Jorge came riding into Parc Ferme. Marc and Alex both not far behind him. The whole Repsol and Marquez crew started yelling as both brothers came into sight. Alex jumped from his bike towards Marc who was waiting for him with open arms. They both shouted something I couldn't quite hear due the helmets they were still wearing and hugged, both having a cute brotherly moment. Then Alex ran over to his team who threw him in the air, who were standing a few feet away from us. When Alex was back on his feet, he took off his helmet and quickly walked over to the side where Julia, Alberto and I were standing. He all hugged them and then I saw him looking at me with his beautiful smile and taking me into his arms for a tight and long hug.

'We are so proud of you. Love you, baby.' I told him as I looked into his eyes that were sparkling with joy and happiness as I put one hand on his slightly sweaty cheek because of the helmet he was wearing.

'Love you two too!' He said while pressing a quick kiss on my lips. Then my dad started to talk about the last lap and how the tyres were. In the middle of their conversation, someone from Dorna interrupts them, asking Alex to go to the interviewer and then to the podium.

'Let's get that trophy, son.' Julia shouted to Alex as Marc popped up, hugging us all too. Marc was very happy too, because his brother was now also a Moto Grand Prix winner and he enjoyed the battle on track a lot.

'How does it feel to lose against your baby brother?' Alberto joked. Marc was just shaking his head laughing.

'I'll get him back next time, don't worry.' He spoke as he strolled towards the podium too, talking to Jorge in the proces.

Watching the podium ceremony made me feel so proud. I was so happy that I decided to come to this race, because of the pregnancy we decided that I wouldn't be traveling a full season. But I was so glad that I went to this one - I didn't wanted to miss this moment for the world. I saw looking Alex down at me with a huge smile as he held his trophy proudly. Alex quickly winked at his girl knowing that his real trophy was standing right there between his father and his father-in-law and boss.

————

Location: Portimao, Portugal.

Liked by alexmarquez73, hrc_motogp, 88jorgemartin and 24,829 others

sarahpuig My man is a MotoGP Grand Prix winner! So freaking proud of you @alexmarquez73! 😘
marcmarquez93 And I'm a very proud brother!
| sarahpuig @marcmarquez93 Don't make me stress so much next time. 🥲
xavivierge_97 Vamos!! 🔥🔥
joanmir36official Congrats!