[21]

In the middle of the night, I woke up from a weird feeling once again in my stomach. I turned around and it felt like I was laying in something wet.

'Alex. Wake up.' I grabbed his arm to wake him up from his sleep. He turned towards me and with sleepy eyes, he looked at me.

'What's wrong?'

'The baby.. My stomach is hurting so bad.' I whispered with tears in my eyes as I felt like I was being stabbed in my stomach again. I held my stomach as I cringed from the pain. I knew that this wasn't good. Alex quickly switched on the light and saw that the sheets had turned red around the place Sarah had been sleeping.

'Marc!' Alex yelled now totally in panic. The three of them were staying the night in the motorhome. He heard Marc groan from the other side of the motorhome.

'Hurry! Now!' Alex yelled at him loudly. Marc could hear the panic in his brother's voice.

'Why are you.. What's wrong?' Marc was now suddenly wide awake seeing his brother and Sarah in bed. He saw that there was blood on the sheets and that was Sarah in pain.

'Get some help! She's bleeding and pregnant.' Alex said to his brother and ignored the wild look on Marc's face when he said the word pregnant. Marc nodded and quickly called an ambulance and Sarah's father.

'I'm scared. I don't want to lose it..' I whispered as I started to feel lightheaded. Alex saw that Sarah was starting to lose consciousness.

'Sarah, love. Stay with me, okay?' I softly nodded at him as I couldn't find my voice anymore. I felt myself getting dizzy as the pain increased before everything went black.

————

'Is she okay?' Alberto asked worried at the two brothers while walking into the private waiting room in the nearest hospital. He was out of breath from running, he wanted to be as soon as possible with his daughter. Alberto was being called out of bed by Marc, hearing his daughter was taken into the hospital in the middle of the night. Alex wanted to speak up but a doctor just knocked on the door.

'Family of miss Puig?' Alberto quickly turned around to the doctor.

'Yes! I'm her father. How is she?'

'Miss Puig is stable. We had to stop the bleeding as she lost a lot of blood. Unfortunately, we couldn't save the baby. It's very common for women to have a miscarriage at this stage of pregnancy, around 15%. She is asleep now, but she will be awake soon. You can go see her.' Alberto felt like a bomb was being dropped at him, feeling he was still asleep and wanted to wake up from this nightmare. Alberto was starting to get pale and sat down with his head in his hands.

Marc didn't know what to say to his brother when he heard that the baby hadn't survived. He had just found that Sarah was even pregnant and he hadn't had the chance yet to talk with Alex about it. Marc looked concerned at him, Alex's eyes were glossy.

'I know what your thinking, but it wasn't mine.' Alex said feeling Marc's eyes on him.

'Oh..' Marc said quietly. He had thought for a minute that he just lost his nephew or niece. 

'Then whose baby was it?' Alberto spoke up,  overhearing the two boys talking.

'Quartararo. He didn't know.' Alex said, telling the truth. The room fell silent, all lost in their own thoughts and processing the news.

'Let's go see her.' Alberto said after a while breaking the silence. Alex stood up and followed Alberto, leaving his brother behind in the waiting room.

Alex's heart broke when he saw her laying in bed. She was still asleep. She looked so peaceful, still not aware of the news.

————

'So, you and Sarah huh? I already thought that something was going on between you both.' Alberto said to Alex as he closed the door where Sarah was still sleeping. He had seen how he had looked at his daughter inside the hospital room.

'We are dating. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend if you will let me of course.' Alex said nervously and blushed at his former team boss. Alberto knew that he had told Sarah not to date any riders, but he saw that he couldn't control her forever.

'You have my permission.' Alberto appreciating him asking that.

'I won't hurt her.' Alex promised and suddenly Alberto pulled the rider into a hug.

'Thank you for taking care of her. I'm glad that she trusted you.' Alberto said to Alex, knowing that his daughter was no longer that little girl in his mind. 'Oh, and I know you were at our house last week. I saw it on the cameras.'