[39]

I was sat nervously waiting in the medical center. Jose Luis was busy taking phone calls and Julia was inside the room with his son. I regretted the way I had been treating him lately. What if I never got the chance to speak to him ever again? Life could be short, especially in a dangerous sport like this. Too many riders had their lives already been taken in race accidents. All these thoughts were going through my mind, making me crazy.

After waiting what felt like an eternity a member of the medical team walked out of the room. Jose Luis stopped talking and we both looked at the men hopeful, praying for good news.

'Alex is going to be okay.' Jose Luis and I both let out a sigh of relief. He was going to be okay. 'He has a mild concussion, a broken collarbone, and several bruises. If you want to, you can visit him now.' We thanked the medical team for their amazing work, they were true heroes.

'You can go see him, I have to finish this first.' Jose Luis nodded at me to go in as he still was busy taking phone calls.

I stood up and walked towards the room and I softly knocked on the door. I heard Julia's voice telling me to come in and I opened the door softly. Tears stung in my eyes as I saw Alex laying on the bed, alive and pretty okay. He looked pretty tired and I already saw some bruises forming. His arm was in a sling. The impact of the crash could be much and much worse.

'I will leave you two alone.' Julia said with a little smile, hoping that the two of them could work out things. He was relieved that nothing relatively bad had happened with his youngest son. He was going to be just fine. 'I will be just outside.'

'Hi, you.' I whispered softly, hoping that he wanted me to see him.

'Hello.' Alex looked up to see the girl he couldn't stop thinking about standing in the medical room he was laying in.

'I can leave if you want to, but I just had to see you.' I nervously spoke.

'Please stay.' Alex was happy to see her, she was here to see him meaning she still cared for him.

'Don't scare us like that again.' I said to him as I let out a sigh of relief. 'When you said you wanted to talk after the race I didn't imagine seeing you here after the race.'

'I'm sorry for scaring you all. You know that falling off is never part of the plan, right?' Alex tried to lighten up the mood.

'How are you feeling?' She asked concerned, he looked pretty beaten up.

'Tired and sore. It feels like a been run over by a truck or something. I can't remember the crash though, I think I lost consciousness for a little while.' He spoke, the crash one big blur in his memory.

'You had us all so worried.' I whipped a tear from my face as I took his hand in mine. I just needed to feel his skin and touch, reminding me he was here safe and sound.

'I have been thinking.. About what you said to me at the party. I know the answer, I only want you. You've been the only one for me all along. I'm so sorry that our relationship had such a rocky start. I know I have made some mistakes. I hope you can forgive me for everything.'

'Come here.' Alex shifted himself slowly towards the side of his bed, he felt some of his bruises hurting and he hissed in pain. He was so glad that she came back to him, that was all he ever wanted to hear. He just needed her to realize that.

'You're sure? I don't want to hurt you.' I saw the pain on his face.

'I need a cuddle. You only need to be careful though. And maybe I need a kiss.' He smiled for the first time after the crash. I chuckled at his cheesiness and sat down on the bed next to him and softly cupped his face between my hands to kiss him. I had missed his touch and scent so much.

'I'm going to marry you someday.' He softly mumbled in between kisses. Alex didn't know if the painkillers or his mild concession were talking for him, but I couldn't hear him properly.

'What did you just say?' I looked at him with a frown.

'I want you back, for always.' He quickly said realizing what he had just said and he was glad she didn't hear him. He wanted nothing more than making her a Marquez officially.

'I want you back too. And this time I will not let you go again.' Our foreheads were resting at each other as we both were staring at each other with a big smile.

'Am I interrupting something?' Marc said with a grin standing in the door opening, happy to see his brother alive and well and glad that the two of them seemed to be back together.