[32]

'Sarah, another glass of wine?' Marc asked the girl who was sat on the lounge in their garden. It was a beautiful evening as the three of them were just hanging out, enjoying the sun and each other company. Julia and Roser went out to see some family.

'Yes, please!' I replied as he went inside to get us some new drinks.

'Did I told you already that you look beautiful today?' Alex said while I laid my head on his lap and looked at him as Shira jumped on my lap, laying down right there getting comfortable.

'Don't make me blush.' I mumbled as I looked at him while petting Shira, which looked very content with the attention she was getting.

'What if I like making your blush?' Alex teased his girlfriend as he pressed a kiss on her lips. He was touching my arm with his fingers, giving me goosebumps.

'Can you two please stop eye-fucking each other? Please get a room.' Marc said while walking back holding two bottles of beer and a glass of wine.

'Jealous much, Marquez? Maybe you should get yourself a girlfriend too. Then we could double date.' I winked at the older Marquez who groaned at his sister-in-law.

'And please not Lucia again.' Alex said, never been a big fan of the ex-girlfriend of his older brother. He thought she was just Marc for the fame.

'I think I should, just so the two of you will stop bullying me.' Marc said rolling his eyes.

————

'How do you guys do this? All these people you don't know talking about you.' I suddenly spoke up making both boys frown. As the night went on we had a couple more drinks, which made me say things I normally wouldn't when sober. The summer break was almost over and I was a little nervous about going back to the paddock. I was a little scared about how people would react to the rumors and I didn't want to be the center of attention.

'I thought you deleted your social apps?' Marc said.

'I did. But I can't get the bad comments I saw before out of my head.' I spoke.

'We as a family had to develop a thick skin too. You just have to focus on the things you can control in your life. Not on the people who know nothing about you and think they know better than anyone else.' Marc said wisely. The older boy had gone through media storms and people talking crap about him. Alex nodded, knowing the feeling of living in the shadow of Marc and people accusing him of only getting into MotoGP because of his brother.

'I wish I was just as strong as you two.' I sighed. Both boys had noticed that Sarah was struggling with the hate she was getting. Making Alex a little scared what was going to happen when they went back to racing.

'Don't let people decide for you. You deserve happiness too. Don't let other people define that for you. We, Marquez, don't listen to the haters. You might even be a Marquez too one day.' Marc winked at Sarah and teasing his little brother.