Chapter 36 "Mummy's favorite Beatle"

Start from the beginning

Today's my birthday, and we're having a little party at Brian's place. Paul's not here of course. Yes, it kind of makes me sad; I wanted to have him around. I hate to admit that I'm slowly giving in to my pride. My pride is the only thing that's keeping me going with this plan. I know it now. Me dating George makes him feel bad. I can see it in his gorgeous downturned eyes.

"Vicky! Come dance with me!" George shouted as he was having fun dancing and laughing with Ringo and Brian.

"Coming!" I laughed.

"Vicky, I think you and George make a great couple" John laughed as he threw his arm around me. He was waaaay too drunk.

"Thank you" I laughed getting his arms off of me.

"But that doesn't mean I approve that relationship because I know Paul didn't cheat on 'ya" He hiccupped. I barely understood what he said since he was very drunk.

"What?"

"Paul did not cheat on you" He repeated.

"Oh shut up. You know he did" I rolled my eyes. "I told you we wouldn't have this conversation anymore" I was getting frustrated.

"Alright, alright, but you know what? Jasmine is no good woman to him anyway. He's wasting time. He deserves better." He said as he walked over the kitchen to get another drink.

"Wait, wait, what?" I pulled him back by the shirt.

"What?" He looked at me with those drunken eyes. Maybe he is just talking no sense.

"What did you say?"

"I don't remember" He hesitated looking at nowhere.

"John!"

I patted his cheeks a little hard. I really didn't want to slap him. "Something about Paul!"

"Huh? Uhh Paul deserves a good BIRD" He spat a little on my face.

"No!" I wiped off the saliva on my cheek "About Jasmine and Paul"

"I just phoned Paul; he and Jasmine are coming. I hope he won't be too sad to see you and George together again" He gritted his teeth before he poured some more wine in his glass.

"John!" So it's what I thought then? She and Paul are back together...? "Are they... back together?" Tears threatened to come out of my eyes.

"Yeah" He said before he walked away stumbling.

Fuck! I knew this moment would come, but why her? She was mean to us. She got Paul in jail. She didn't want us to be together just because she wanted to be mean. How could he forgive her for that? Well... actually it makes sense... he doesn't care about what she did to spoil our relationship simply because he doesn't care that he lost me... how it hurts to confirm it. So soon...? 3 weeks took him to get over me? I suppose I know who he really is now. "Paul is Paul" They'd all say. Now I believe them.

"Paul?" I heard Ringo say as he opened the door.

Paul stood at the door with a gift on his hands.

"Paul?" George frowned rather confused.

"Hi, umm John called me last minute" He said shyly looking around. I could sense he noticed he actually was invited last minute. Well he was. Drunken John invited him without my consent!

I unconsciously walked over to him without saying a word. He looked at me sweetly. "Happy birthday, Victoria" He smiled as he gave me the little gift box on his hands.

"Thank you" I didn't know where to look at. I was very nervous.

"Happy birthday" Jasmine appeared from behind Paul.

Fuck my life. I felt as if I was being stabbed from inside my heart. It brought me flashbacks from when I saw him with Sophie... I wanted to cry. It hurt very much to see him get back with his ex-girlfriend. Wait, I must stop this! I am supposed to make him suffer, not make myself suffer. I must stay strong.

"Uh, well come in, let's dance" Brian said obviously breaking that awful moment.

"Sure!" Jasmine exclaimed before she got in the living room holding Paul's hand.

Is he really happy with her? I can't tell. Paul barely talks to anybody lately. He doesn't hang out with his bandmates anymore. Then what is he doing here?

"Do they make you uncomfortable? I could ask them to leave" Brian asked me as we both watched Ringo serve Paul and his girl some drinks.

"No, it's fine. Why should I care? I'm with George now" I said.

"Okay" He kissed the top of my head. "I'll go check on John" He rolled his eyes.

"Baby?" George wrapped his arms around me from behind. "You okay with Paul and Jasmine being here?" He asked before he kissed my cheek.

"Totally" I sighed.

"Really? I thought since Jasmine was, you know"

"I know, but who cares? She can have him now" I grinned.

He nodded. "You want to open your presents now?"

"Sure" I smiled as I turned around to give him a kiss.

"Okay. Everybody! Vicky wants to open her presents now!" George clapped before he put a chair in the center of the living room for me to sit on. Everybody sat down around me too. Paul and Jasmine sat down right in front of me. It fucking looks like a setup. It looks like they are trying to show off their relationship right in my face on purpose. Losers.

"You'll start with the one on your hands?" Ringo asked.

"Yeah sure" I hadn't noticed I was still holding Paul's gift to me.

"Yeah open the bloody present" Laughed John before he started choking on his wine.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"I've got him" Brian rolled his eyes again, before he got up to pat John's back. "How's that? Feeling better?" He asked him. He nodded, and then I began unwrapping the box.

I had to make an effort not to cry when I got out the tiny garment inside the box. It was a tiny little white onesie that said "Mummy's favorite Beatle" in the middle. A little tear escaped from the corner of my eye, but I managed to hide it.

"That's cute" Brian smiled.

"It is" George smiled too. I admire George. He respects the bonding between father and child. He'd always say how proud of me he is for letting Paul be part of his baby's life instead of walking away forever like I wanted to at the beginning.

Suddenly, I locked eyes with Paul. He had been staring at my reaction carefully. Again, it was so hard to interpret his expression. He didn't look sad, happy, or anything. Actually this time I noticed some new expression towards me... his eyes looked as if he was daring me. As if he wanted to upset me with his gift...I'm not sure.

Jasmine didn't notice that; she just complimented on the baby's onesie as she sat on Paul's lap.

Kill me please!

She stroked Paul's hair, and pecked his lips quickly.

Ouch. Now it literally hurts. It kind of made me sick; I felt a little sharp pain on my belly.

"Oh god..." I mumbled as I put both hands on my stomach.

"Are you okay, love?" George jumped scared; he got up, and held me as if he thought I was going to faint or something.

"I'm fine. Thank you, Georgie. Maybe the baby was kicking too hard" I laughed nervously. I then turned my eyes back to Paul. He did that weird stare again. I don't understand what it means! But it looks like an evil look. Oh Paul. Is he trying to get back at me for being with George? What if he's aware I've been trying to piss him off all this time? What if he's just with her because he knows it bothers me?

You want to play, Paul? Alright then. Let the fun begin.