2.

Stage 2: Anger.

What the fuck. Never in my life would I think I would see my best friend, the one who taught me everything I know today, and Aether Andilet kissing on my locker. Hastily, I snatch my books and fallen notes from off the tiled floor and march over to the pair, still too busy eating each other's faces to notice I was there.
"Move."
"What- oh shit." Eternity finally notices me standing there, trying to get into my locker.
"Hey Alex, I-I didn't see you there..." She begins backing up away from my locker,
"You're literally on my locker, you come here everyday, you knew I would be here." Head clouded, I couldn't look het in the eye, I just stood there taking random things out, trying to leave as soon as I could.
"Oh right, I- uh, didn't realize..?" I break my eyes away from my books and look at her like she had said the dumbest thing to me.
"Shut up, don't talk to me."
I turn my back to the both of them, struggling to close and lock the door.
"Please let me explain, it's not what it looks like-" She started to ramble, but I cut her off sharp,
" So you're telling me that you just tripped and landed on Aether's mouth for 2 minutes? You expect me to bell that shit?" I turn around to them, seeing their faces. Eternity looks shocked and uncomfortable, but most importantly guilty. The complete opposite of Aether, who had no care and the world, and even started scrolling on his phone.
"Dickhead."I muttered, his eyes flicked to me, eyes shining with mischief,
"What was that?" I froze. I didn't think he would hear, but I quickly recovered and replied,
"Nothing." I murmured quickly, slightly embarrassed at being caught.
"Thought so." That cocky smile made me want to jump at him and slap his face off, but I knew that wasn't possible, because I wasn't the strongest out there. As much as I liked convincing myself I hated him, I slowly feel my face heat up at his words, he'd heard what I said. But why should I care anyway? I hate him, and now I hate Eternity too. Turning around, I stomp my way to my car and harshly whipped open the car door. I slip in as fast as possible and start the engine. As I pull out, Eternity is at my window and knocking on the thin window.
"Please, Alex, let me just-" No matter what she said, I don't think I could ever look at her again.
"Why then? Why would you kiss him after everything he's done to those girls? Do you think you won't end up like them? And after all that shit about me liking him..." I tried to say more, but I had too much going on, I didn't want to talk about this anymore.
"Alex... You know I was just- I was just joking... And you keep denying it so I..."
"Really? Cause it didn't feel like a fucking joke to me." I scoffed,
"Hell, I'd even considered it." Her mouth was left slighting open as if she wanted to say more but didn't. I backed out with Eternity standing motionless, Aether nowhere in sight. I ignored Eternity and sped off, trying to forget what just happened.
Eternity was always the one I complained about Aether to, and now she's with him, another girl out of the hundreds he's been with before. But, even if I was mad at her, I was more upset at him. Out of the thousands of others, he could have gone after, did it really have to be her? It felt that as a personal attack, like he went after her on purpose. I know there's no way it could be, but what if it was? I went on to work the rest of the day thinking about them.
Working made me forget about the events before, but now that I'm at home, all alone with my thoughts and Chubs, Who I forgot to feed, and is now biting at my toes. Softly nudging away Chubs, I reach for the cat food and flop it into his bowl, petting him as he gobbled the paste up like he hadn't eaten in years, purring at the taste.
Eternity was all I ever had. We met at the same orphanage, as she, herself, was one too. With the help of Eternity's kind and extroverted personality, we quickly became the best of friends. As a child, I was quite weak and often made fun of by the other kids, but she was always there to defend me.She was the big sister I never had. Abruptly, on my 6th birthday, Eternity was adopted. We had no way to talk, or ever see each other again. The years without her were excruciatingly painful, physically and mentally.
Eternity was my protector, with her gone, all the kids quickly began to bully me again, throwing rocks at my head as I played, insulting me for not knowing what the teachers were talking about. Without her, I was weak, sad, and alone. I hated being alone so much.Then one blessed morning, I was greeted by 2 smiling faces and Eternity. She had asked her parents to adopt me as well, and after 2 years, they finally agreed. I was happy, for the first time in years. After everything, I was ready to give up, believing she had forgotten about me and no longer cared, but luckily I was wrong. She never forgot me or gave up on me, she asked day in and day out to make sure she could see me again, but not leave this time. From then on, we were inseparable, never leaving one another side.
"What should I do about them Chubs? I want to forgive Eternity, but at the same time, I'm still so mad, and don't even get me started on him..."
Stern dark eyes stare into my soul, like he was trying to pry into my mind. I sit still, pondering and staring back at the pair of dilated pupils. Finally, I stand up, tapping Chubs on the head one last time, and walk over to my room, decided to just sleep it all off and hope some magical solution will come to light after I wake up.

It didn't. I had slept, but was still left with nothing to help resolve my solution. Hesitatingly, I start getting ready for the day. After eating and feeding Chubs, I bid the cat goodbye and zoomed out for the apartment. Rushing into my car, I prayed nobody would disturb me today. Everything was still so fresh, like a bleeding, open wound. If I could just through the day without seeing anyone, meaning a certain pair, i'd be happy. Walking into the building, I felt shivers up my spine. Something about that told me I wouldn't want to turn down the hall, but my legs betrayed me. As a stepped closer and closer to my locker, I saw him, in all his glory.

Aether.