Kaori woke up in a cold sweat, slapping a hand over her mouth as the words wrung through every part of her mind. The doctors present in the room looked at her in surprise, frozen for a solid minute. All of a sudden, they went into action, checking her heart-beat, grabbing more help and more supplies. A nurse had immediately asked her what startled her so much.

" She's dead..." She spoke through a shallow breath, eyes wide and dried of tears. Red rimmed her eyes and you could see the fear washing over her. All she could say were the two words. Over and over, they asked her how she felt, if she could remember anything, if she was aware of where she was. She's dead, is all she said. The doctors and nurses were scared for her health, even more so worried if she thought SHE was dead. What happened was that she'd gone through surgery recently and was given a hefty dose of sedative so she'd relax. She'd been asleep for the past 5 hours, much later than most of her friends. She was supposed to sleep into the next day, but with her early arrival, they were afraid something might've gone wrong. Turns out, her health had improved substantially and her wounds were turning out better than they hoped. The burn that had shredded through her skin was completely healed and the nasty scar on her back was now nothing more than a lop-sided circle, as small as a soda can's lid. Even the scar that slid across her whole stomach was almost healed up. After an hour of inspection and constant inspection, Aizawa was the only one allowed in the room. Kaori didn't even have a chance to speak before being enveloped in a tight hug. He broke out in sobs, something Kaori had never seen nor experienced. She hugged Aizawa back, trying to calm him down quickly. After a while of calming and soothing her Father, he finally found enough composure to speak.