Chapter 16 Break a Sweat

Start from the beginning

Giovanni broke his fifth glass throwing it against the wall in a rage. Enzo stood by silently waiting for his temper to subside.

"It's been weeks and you cannot find her?! Two hundred of my men on the job and none of them found the girl?! Am I surrounded by incompetent fools?!" Giovanni shouted.

"Sir, the last known sighting of them was the day they escaped. We tracked the car through the road cameras up until they left the state. There's been no sign of them since." Enzo said.

"I want that girl alive! Talavera will never yield to me if I don't have his trump card! I put him out of commission yet he still moves against me! What about Jung? I told you to cooperate with him! Finding her bodyguard means finding her!"

Unless the Rogue Ranger makes a move, we cannot locate him. They have been keeping off the radars without any signs of movement. We have been monitoring all forms of communication with Talavera group. There hasn't been any sign of contact."

"What about flights? Did you check if they are even in the country?!" Giovanni shouted.

"We have monitored every flight that left the country. Miss Talavera's name did not appear to board any of them. Unless she is using a borrowed name and passport, it is very likely they are still hiding in the country." Enzo explained.

"So... they are keeping undercover. Very well. In that case, I will have to draw them out." Giovanni said slowly, joining his fingertips together. "Enzo, arrange for a little – incident to take place at the hospital. Then make sure the press knows about it."

"Sir?"

"I will use Jason Talavera himself to draw his precious daughter out."

Laura stirred knowing it was daytime

Laura stirred knowing it was daytime. She wondered what it would be like waking up in Ji Hoon's arms; to feel the warmth of another human being first thing in the morning. She had slept unusually well that night and hoped that he had too. She opened her eyes anticipating seeing his face. But the bed was empty, devoid of his presence. She pouted.

"He got up early – figures. He's probably doing some push ups to maintain those sexy muscles..." she closed her eyes remembering the time she saw him shirtless. Her heart fluttered.

"Oh boy. I'm swooning over a guy who isn't even here." she said, shaking her head. She got up and dressed.

"I need coffee." She said going to the kitchen. Ji Hoon was nowhere to be found. She glanced outside the window and saw that he was sitting in the car with the door open, busy with something.

"At least I got the chance to make breakfast..." she said getting to work. Halfway through while frying a skillet, Ji Hoon came in and slid his arms around her waist from behind.

"Good morning. That smells good." He said hugging her. Laura blushed, feeling the temperature of the room rise ten degrees.

"You were up early. Didn't you sleep well?" Laura asked, keeping her eyes on the skillet. Ji Hoon breathed a warm whisper in her ear.