Chapter 9: U.A's Sports Festival

Uraraka's brain hurts....

Gai had a wife?!? Since when?? What do mean 'three weeks ago'!? She looked to Hirooki and saw she didn't look fazed..... she knew?!?? And she still wanted to go for Gai!??

Needless to say.. it was a very interesting two weeks...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Is everyone ready? We'll be called out soon." Gai asked the class, a resounding yes was his answer.

"Mirai.."

"Oh Todoroki, how can I help you?" The giant asked looking to his dual-haired classmate. "I think..... objectively I am stronger than you."

"I've noticed All Might has had his eye on you, I'm not going to pry into that, but... I will beat you." Todoroki finished, a steely look in his eyes.

"Woah what's with the declaration of war??" Kaminari called out.

"Hey, man, why pick a fight now!? We're about to go on..." Kirishima placed a hand on Todoroki's shoulder only to get brushed off. "I don't care, I'm not here to make friends; I'm here to be a hero."

"Todoroki... I don't know why you felt the need to tell me this, but I'm not gonna pretend you're wrong. You are stronger than me, I can't make explosions from my hands or ignore the laws of gravity with a single touch, I only have my raw physical strength... Todoroki you said you'll beat me right? Fine, the only thing I can say is..." Gai stood to his full height, lifting his shoulders up and straightening his back, he gave off a feeling of power... he almost looked like....

"Watch yourself, because I'll be coming at you with all I have." Gai said knocking everyone out of their trance. "Alright, let's get moving, it's time to show the world what 1-A can do." Gai finished while rolling up the sleeves of his new specially designed gym shirt, it was far larger than his original one allowing him to, y'know, actually wear it. The gym shirt was made to look more like a coat if he was being honest, the ending of it being around where his knees are, due to this, it had no zipper, but there were some buttons should he ever want to cover up.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

After finishing his speech and giving back the microphone to a very embarrassed Midnight (who winked at Gai before he grabbed the mic with his left hand and showed her the wedding band on his finger.) They were to participate in an obstacle course.

"Racers, to your positions.." The voice of Present Mic echoed. "... START!!"

And they were off! Todoroki started it out by freezing the people in the entrance, as it was the first obstacle, many of class 1-A, few of Class 1-B, and even fewer of the other courses made it through.

"And Todoroki of 1-A has taken the advantage by freezing the competition at their feet!" Those who passed Todoroki's sneak attack were faced with an entirely new problem: Robots. "So these are the 0 pointers the hero course had to fight, wish they were a bit more threatening..."

"Especially because dear old dad is watching."

Todoroki raised his hand, freezing the 0 pointers up front in the process. "He stopped 'em! We can get through the gap!"

"I wouldn't recommend it, I froze them in unstable positions..."

"...So they'd fall." And with that the 0 pointers came crashing down. "Todoroki's at it again, busting through and sabotaging at the same time! Man that's cold!!"

"Amazing! He's way ahead of the pack, this almost feels... unfair!" Many of class 1-A had passed through in different ways. Bakugo, Sero, and Tokoyami had gone over the 0 pointers and avoided them all together, Yaoyorozu had created a cannon and shot them down for the rest, and Gai.... well he had taken an interesting approach to the task at hand...