What A Day

Downtime on the Marauder was rare, but when the chance came for some much needed rest, it was taken.

Hunter had resorted to gathering more supplies for the next couple of weeks. He left Tech and Wrecker to take watch over Omega as he and Echo headed out. He was skeptical at first, leaving Wrecker who was basically still a child at mind, alone with Omega who shared his same enthusiasm. Not to mention the only sane one keeping watch was Tech. He would make sure he and Echo wouldn't be too long.

"Don't go near my rack, Wrecker. I just organized it and—Wrecker!"

Echo glanced over at the Sargent, who had a hesitant look on his face. "They'll be fine, Hunter." He assured, a small smile spreading across his lips.

"You never know with those three. Especially Wrecker," Hunter said with a bit of a chuckle.

"Well, they've survived this long, so thirty minutes shouldn't hurt them." Echo tossed a bag of credits up in the air, catching it before placing them in a secure compartment on his belt.

"Hm, I hope you're right."

     Omega giggled at Wrecker and Tech's small quarrels that had already emerged. She secretly found them entertaining. Nothing brought her more joy than to see her brothers relaxing getting the chance to relax (for the most part).

"Omega, why don't you and Wrecker play a game that doesn't involve touching any objects that are personally used," Tech suggested, attempting to push the larger clone away from his bunk's zone.

"Okay, Tech." The younger clone tapped the much more muscular one. "What do you wanna do, Wrecker?"

Wrecker quit pestering his brother to give Omega all his attention. "I d'know many games, but back on Kamino we used to play this one called Tag," Wrecker said, remembering the small, yet fond memories of fun he and his brothers had on the water planet.

"Tag?" Omega questioned. She had never heard of it before, then again she hadn't ever been allowed to play games on Kamino. Nala Se had said games were for young immature children. "Sounds like fun! Can we play?" Omega jumped at the thought of it.

"Of course kid," Wrecker boomed,"How it works is one person is it and the other is trying not to get touched by that person. Easy!"

Omega nodded. It seemed simple enough.

Tech shrugged. The game shouldn't be too rowdy, but he could never be too sure. "Just stay away from my projects, would you?" He directed his warning towards Wrecker. "I'll be in the cockpit if you need me."

Once Tech was out of sight, the two other clones excitedly started their game.

"I'll be it first!" Wrecker volunteered, standing at the far end of the ship just outside the cockpit, giving Omega time to get away.

Omega slipped out of the Marauder just as Wrecker lunged at her. She laughed as she circled the ship. She didn't know why, but running from someone who wasn't actually trying to kill or capture her was fun. Possibly some of the most fun she's had in a long time.

"Imma get you, 'Mega!" Wrecker hollered, as he made a sharp turn back to the ramp where he saw her sprint to.

When he entered the main hold he didn't see the kid. For a second he wondered if he had just imagined her. He walked through the small hallway, trying to be as quiet as someone of his mass could. He tore away the curtain to her room, expecting her to be hiding there, but to his surprise, she wasn't.

Omega snickered from under Hunter's bunk. She began to sneak out once his back was turned, but ended up banging her head on the metal.

"Aha! Nice try." Wrecker turned around and advanced towards her, hands stretched out to try and tap her.

"No!" Omega laughed as she rolled out from under the bed. She barely missed his touch, passing a table that was sticking out. She carefully stood on the other side of it as Wrecker was on the one across. If one moved, the other person would just switch spots with them.

"Come on, kid. Just accept you lost this one." Wrecker grinned. He suddenly thought of a great idea. He could just lift the table out of the way...and that's what he did.

"Wait—Wrecker don't!" Omega yelled, cringing as the items on the table fell to the ground with a loud clatter.

"What's the matter—Oh no!" Wrecker's eyes widened as one of Tech's projects that he had been working on for the past month laid in pieces on the ground. "Uhh, you think that was important?"

Omega scratched the top of her head. "Er, I think so. I heard Tech telling Echo that he was close to finishing it the other week."

"Well that's just great!" Wrecker shook his head. He couldn't by any means let Tech know that he had accidentally broken another one of his works. He would never hear the end of it. Tech would hold it over his head for the rest of his life. His genius brother had only just recently forgotten about a different incident from when they were cadets.

"I'll go tell him. Maybe if we apologize he won't be as mad," Omega suggested as she began to call for him.

"No! Don't do that! Are you crazy!" Wrecker quickly placed a hand over her mouth before she could finish yelling his name. "I have an idea that doesn't involve telling him."

Omega pulled his hand away. "Okay, then what do you think we should do? We don't know anything about his gadgets." She went over to pick the broken pieces off the ground, placing them gently on the table.

     Wrecker and Omega waited outside on the steps once Hunter and Echo came back. They had been lucky that Tech was asleep for most of their roughhousing, but now that he was awake they crossed their fingers that he wasn't planning on working on the device.

"Uh, Wrecker?" Omega tapped his shoulder, pointing up towards the others, "He's going over to the table." Omega watched as he picked up the very thing that they broke.

Wrecker bit his lip. He hoped his plan would work. "You think he'll notice?"

"I think—"

"WRECKER! OMEGA!" A loud shout erupted from the ship.

"I guess the glue didn't stick like it's supposed to."

Tech stormed out, holding the pieces of metal that had smears of craft glue all over it. He was definitely angry.

Finally wrote some more lighthearted stuff. Omega and Wrecker have definitely broken something of Tech's while goofing off at some point.