34

Jethro^^

Yeira's POV

After Jean took me to the Congo border, I drained the life from his eyes. I was munching on his heart while I walked through the jungle. I had to constantly push the leaves out my face since the thicket was rather dense. Apparently, I couldn't go wrong because the general was smack in the middle of the forest. How was I supposed to find him? I have absolutely no idea.

I'm sure if I wasn't part wolf, I'd be sweating bullets. I grinned at being able to regulate my body temperature. The only thing that upset me was that my combat boots were getting dirty. I scowled at seeing them caked in mud.

I pushed past the leaves before suddenly halting. In front of me were a colony of gorillas. I slowly looked up and saw some in the trees. Well Goddammit! I tried to take a step back, but I ended up stepping on a branch. The gorillas immediately snapped their attention in my direction. Ahhh, fuck!

The ground lightly shook when the gorillas jumped from the trees. They started grunting and beating their chests. I was going to run away, but I was soon surrounded by the colony. Considering that they were endangered, I wasn't planning on killing them... originally 😉

I cracked my knuckles and got into a fighting stance. I smirked and beckoned one to attack me. The leader got on his hind legs and stood a whopping 9 feet tall. He beat his chest and loudly grunted before rushing me.

I was ready to collide my fist with his face, but a figure jumped out the thicket and collided with the leader. I watched as the person rolled around with the gorilla. He quickly rolled away before the gorilla could smash him. I beamed when I caught sight of the man who saved me.

"Raddy!"

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into?" His eyes narrowed at me.

I observed his state. His satin button down was ripped to the point that you could see his terse abs. I smirked at him allowing a few buttons to remain open so we got a nice view of his chest. Radna's hair was also disheveled and had a faint scent of sea water to it. He was a little pale and clammy.

"There are poachers nearby who pay a high price." I joked. "These gorillas didn't want to die easily." I stretched my arms out.

"Typical." He muttered before sliding out the way of the gorilla.

I had to remain alert since I was surrounded by an angry colony. Radna tried his best to avoid getting struck. The gorilla managed to get a good hit on Randa. Radna fell and immediately had to scrunch himself into a fetal position just before the gorilla began pounding its fist into him.

I moved from my position, causing the gorillas to close in on me. I hissed my teeth before attacking them. I used my speed to my advantage and subdue a few. Some were able to bite into me and break my nose. I grunted before snapping my nose back in place.

"Radna, shouldn't we be able to easily beat these animals?!" I yelled while he crashed into a tree.

"These parts of Africa have mystical powers that give the animals increased strength and durability." He slowly stood and clutched his shoulder.

"We need to go!"

I slid underneath a gorilla and scrambled to Radna. I yanked his bad arm and dragged him behind me. Radna cursed as he ran after me. We heard hooting and hollering, so we turned to see the gorillas chasing us. I clutched Radna's shirt and used my supernatural speed to get us out of there. I slowed once there weren't any gorillas in sight. I released Radna, causing him to stumble and faceplant. I chuckled while he glared at me.