Mr welsh man

~Morgan

After dinner i went upstairs to get changed, I taken a shower and got my silky short pyjamas on once ready I got my matching robe and slippers and sat down for a moment to think, the sadness hit me like a ton of bricks when I remembered what the date was tomorrow, it's my mother's death anniversary 13 years she's been dead. I suddenly don't feel like watching a movie anymore I want to get into bed and hide from the world, but I think against it I smile to myself and stand up to walk out.

As I open the door Emma is stood there " hello darling I don't mean to startle you I just wanted a chat" she beamed down at me.

I stood aside for her to walk in, she sat down on the bed " sit my child "

I sat down next to her and turned to face her, she held my hands in hers " I know this marriage isn't what you want Morgan. But as you know it's the mafia way. I love my son. He can be short tempered and a bastard but I know he'll treat you right. That I'll promise. I'll always look out for you I promised your mom that and I always keep my word"

I wiped away a lone tear Quickly " then why are you making me marry him?"

I could see the hurt in Emma's eyes " darling. There's nothing I can do. Just remember you'll have everything you'll ever need. Your mother didn't want this life for you, do you think I chose this life? No sweetheart I was forced to marry Lorenzo and now I love that man more than anything, I hated him for the first year of our marriage and then sofia was born now she's married but she's happy fortunately she loved leonardo before they married. Then my first baby boy Christian now is marrying you. And my Dylan is marrying Mia in a few years. See it's the way the mafia works. We marry within the mafia. Your husband and wife is chosen for you. It's the lifestyle. Unfortunately you can't escape it"

The realisation hit me, she's right Iv just got to accept it this is my life. The good thing is I'll always have money and nice things, but what's money and nice things without love? How can I force myself to love someone?  Dylan is my crush just a childhood crush, I need to not think about him as more, after all we're best friends I don't want to ruin that.

" thanks for the talk" I say wiping another tear

" sweetheart don't cry, I havnt seen you cry since you was wow, about 6"

" I thought I'd never met you before?"

" oh god no darling. I seen you a lot until your mother died.. I just had to keep busy, your mother's death.... hit me hard"

This is news to me, I don't even remember her.

Emma got up to leave, opening the door for me " anyway I believe you and Dylan are having a movie night, I'm told your still bestfriends!"

I grinned " yep still bestfriends  all these years "

We both walked out the door together and down the hallway, she gave me a kiss and entered the lounge while I carried on walking to the cinema room.

" took your time" Dylan shouted throwing popcorn at my head " yeah  your mom came for a chat" I smiled taking the seat next to him.

" what we watching?" I asked with a mouthful of popcorn

" well I thought we could go through the Harry Potter box sets. Harry Potter film every night. I'm here for another 2 weeks we've got plenty of time" he grinned

Yay he knows I loved  Harry Potter. I grinned back " yay" i squealed clapping my hands together.

"Are you going back to Italy with your mom and dad?" I asked

Dylan looked to the floor " yes. I have to bond with Mia"

My heart felt like I wanted to jump out my chest, so this is it I never got to marry my bestfriend, my crush.

I tear ran down my cheek, Dylan looked at me " don't cry bellissima (beautiful) my Principessa, 
Io ti amerò sempre (I'll always love you) it's just the way it is. Ay your my bestfriend Morgan. We have to accept the way it is"

I stopped myself from crying even more, " your right let's watch the movie"

" ay I learned something new today about mia madre ( my mom)"

" oh yeah like what?"

" well my mom is from United Kingtom as we know but she's from wales and she's Welsh from a little place called Cardiff.  That's where she gets my name from. Apparently Dylan is Welsh. How amazing is that" Dylan laughed " I'm different" he grinned " a Welsh Italian man" he stuck his chest out like he was proud and grinned with a cheeky wink.

I laughed " you make me laugh. Let's enjoy the movie, mr Welsh man" I smiled nudging him