Taking on the World (Michael Clifford)

Being a hero was a lot more to you than the praise you got for saving the day or the countless people who would see you on the street from time to time to say thank you. No, being a hero was about helping people and making them feel safe. You had become attached to the people in your town despite the fact that not one single person knew who you really were – and that was probably for the best.

When you were out of hero mode, you were just another girl on the streets. You didn't look like much, but when you put on that costume, you felt at peace; Like this was what you were meant to be doing with your life. You didn't have any superpowers or anything of the sort, but you knew a bit of martial arts and you definitely used that skill to your advantage.

One night, you were walking down the alley leading to your base of operations, ready to take your mask off and call it a night. Nothing was out of the ordinary – until you heard sounds coming from in front of you. You immediately moved to the wall, walking along until you made it to the clearing.

You peered around the corner and found four boys poking around; One with blonde hair and a black outfit, one with light brown hair and a blue outfit, one with black hair and a green outfit, and one with dark brown hair and a red outfit. You watched them for a moment, trying to figure out if you'd ever seen them around before seeing as how two of them weren't even wearing masks. You couldn't seem to recall ever seeing anyone with their hairstyles and colors, so you decided to ask them yourself.

"Who the hell are you?" you asked, perking up a bit as you walked into the area, making them jump and spin around.

"Who the hell are you?" the dark brown-haired one retorted.

"I asked you first."

"Well, we were here first."

"With those accents?" you laughed, "I don't think so. Now who the hell are you?"

"I am Mike-Ro-Wave," he answered before pointing to the others, "This is Dr. Fluke, SmAsh, and Cal Pal." You stared at them for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"You're fucking with me, aren't you?" They raised their eyebrows at each other then you. "You're serious? Those are seriously your names? Do you idiots even have any superpowers or anything?"

"Of course we do!"

"No, wait," you giggled some more, "Let me guess. You-" You pointed at the blonde. "-give the bad guys apples so they'll stay away from you. You-" You pointed at the dark brown-haired boy. "-I don't know, do you overcook them? You-" You pointed at the light brown-haired one. "You, I believe. You're an Incredible Hulk wannabe, but I believe it. And you-" You moved on to the black-haired one. "What is your superpower? Do you nice them to death?"

"Very funny," the one in green said, "What about you then? What's your superpower?"

"Don't have one," you shrugged.

"You don't have one?!" the one in red exclaimed, "And you're giving us shit?!"

"I never said I did," you sassed.

"Do you even have a name?"

"Don't need a name."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Nope," you replied, "I don't need a name or some ridiculous superpower to kick ass. I do it pretty damn well on my own." He scoffed under his breath and you were about to respond when you heard a woman screaming.

You bolted out of the alley and onto the sidewalk, looking around. You saw a woman about your age being dragged by a much larger man. She was crying and screaming for someone to help her, so you sprung into action.