Good Enough (Calum Hood)

You moved to Australia nearly three years ago, looking for a new start. Your life in the small town in Maryland you grew up in wasn't exactly as picture perfect as you convinced everyone to believe. You had a lot of family problems and people always told you that you would never amount to anything worth noticing. And maybe they were right, but you knew you didn't need to be noticed by millions of people to know that you were important. You already had four people who cared about you far more than anyone back in Maryland ever did.

You had met Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Luke on the flight to Sydney. You were sat in the middle of Luke and Michael, doing everything you could to keep a straight face. You were obviously a big fan of the band, but you never thought you would ever get to see them in concert, let alone sit next to them on a 14-hour flight.

Michael had been the one to call you out on it, telling you that you were a terrible liar and that he could tell you were a fan from the moment he first saw you as you were boarding the plane. You simply rolled your eyes and laughed, continuing on with reading one of the books you brought with you in your carry-on.

What you didn't notice, however, was the way Calum would peer around Michael to look at you every once in a while. Ashton chuckled at his best friend, nudging his shoulder and telling him that he should ask you out once you landed. Calum protested by saying that you were probably just visiting and you would be going back home within the next week, but he couldn't have been more wrong.

It had been four months since that day and Calum would occasionally see you around town exploring the stores in Sydney you hadn't gone to yet as you were searching for places to apply for a job.

It had been in his favorite coffee shop that you finally found a place that was hiring. You were quickly hired and two months later, Calum had finally gathered up the courage to ask you out. You, of course, were more than happy to accept and he waited around for about an hour until your shift ended.

Two years have since passed and your life was at a point you only ever used to dream of. You were finally content with everything and you had four of the most amazing friends you could have asked for. Although the boys were away from home a lot of the time and you missed them like crazy, you were still a big supporter of the band.

However, something in Calum had changed throughout the past few months. No matter what you did, it was always wrong. He blamed you for every little thing. The other boys told you time and time again that it was just the stress of being in the band, but you didn't believe them – you couldn't. He'd never acted this way toward you before – or anyone for that matter. But despite all of that, you still loved him more than anything.

~

The boys' flight had just landed, meaning they were finally home. You had been patiently waiting in the airport terminal for nearly two hours, wanting to arrive and get inside before all the fans crowded the entrance.

As soon as they walked out of the gates, you jumped out of your chair and ran to them. Calum dropped his bag as he caught you, hugging you tightly.

"God," he breathed in deeply, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Cal," you smiled, giving him a quick kiss. You hugged Luke, Ashton, and Michael as well and did your secret handshake with their bodyguards – Max and Adam – before heading outside.

Usually, either Max or Adam would get you to the car first, knowing how scared you felt around fans, but that didn't happen this time. This time, the fans immediately crowded around the boys, shoving you out to the sidelines. You stumbled a bit, but caught yourself. That was until you tried to walk away.