"I am fine Shane." I chuckled as he hesitated to ask his brotherly concern for me. Now that was a total lie, but at this point what else was I supposed to do? Should I say I feel ripped from my own soul and body? That I wanna drown myself in a tub of my own blood?

Please. People would laugh and be on their way because no one in this world fucking cares.

"Athena...I am sorry if this hurts you, but you need to act like his wife here. Since the papers aren't submitted you are still a couple to everyone. Your defense would go weak if you two separated now." I took a deep breath with what he said.

I expected this, but I wasn't sure how Ace would react to seeing me again.

Will he give me that infamous scowl? Will he scoff in disgust, flick me off? Or will he think submitting the stupid papers is better than acting again?

"No problem." I smiled at Shane through a clenched jaw. I wasn't angry, I was afraid.

The five days knowing my chances of losing him was scary, I couldn't imagine the days I have to tackle down in the future without him.

It's just a glitch, he won't be able to move on with the legal transactions.

I suddenly smirked. When I meant only death would separate us at the altar, I meant it. I fucking meant it. I did something to the papers but that wasn't important now.

Shane looked at me worriedly before wrapping me in a short hug.

I chuckled at his gesture, giving into his warm embrace before pulling away. He led me further into the large historic architecture, right outside the hall in a short while.

My nails dug into my palm seeing my husband standing by the metal chairs along the walls. His chocolatey hair was ruffled and messed up, but his suit was ironed and neat as ever. He was handing off some papers to the lawyer, Peter, the one I found for this case.

Ace had no trust in him, but he didn't change that guy. Why?

"Athena." His deep voice gruntled out as my ears detected the familiarity of the tone and words.

I stood there transfixed, not knowing what to do. What should I do to greet a person that demanded me to sign a divorce paper?

I stared at Ace who turned around, walked forward, and pulled me into him. His arms went under mine, enveloping me in a warm, foreign hug.

We had sex and all, but a hug? Wasn't common.

Pretty rare actually.

My eyes moistened at his touch but then I saw a few officials and lawyers watching us discreetly.

Every single time it's for others. Why else should he hug me?

"Ace. You good?" I asked as he pulled away. As much as I hated him, I cared for him too. My presence at a court is one solid proof.

I wanted to be here with him, defend him in all possible ways and just....be there for him.

How am I so fucking stupid? There is barely left anything of myself but I still wanna give away even the little bit left to him. Is this what love is?

No wonder it's called blind and deadly then.

"Not until she is in prison. I found something else, come on." Huh? 

He spoke so casually as if he did not shatter my heart and soul...oh forget it.

I put on a stoic face as he pulled me into a corner, standing so close I could smell his musky cologne.