{8} Valiant {Taking Control}

Start from the beginning

"That may well be true but just remember that I will not have the unnecessary unmerciful bloodshed that I have watched over and over again. My parents may no longer be alive and my older brother may or may not have been taken hostage by the humans but that does not mean I will tolerate any rash or over aggressive behaviour. Do you understand me, General?" Princess Naelene said, with a passion in her voice that would one day make her a great queen.

"Of course, Princess" the General said, bowing so that the Princess and her court could not see the evil glint that touched his eyes. "Of course."

"Now, let them in. Let me inspect and give my wishes to the new warriors who have been given this great task while many others are foolishly mislead to fight and kill in unnecessary battles," Princess Naelene said, her eyes flickering and narrowing towards the General for just a moment.

"As you wish," the General repeated, bowing once again before momentarily leaving the room before returning with twelve men and women flanking behind.

Each one bowed in turn to the Princess.

The Princess returned this with a nod as the four women and seven men each nodded in turn until her eyes came to rest on the young man who had remained in the middle of the room and the only one remaining to be greeted.

Naelene smiled, lifting her body gracefully as she strolled across the room, her long, black hair up in intricate plaits flowed behind her. Once she having reached the silhouette she retained a serious matter before looking the soldier, dressed in black, in the eye before speaking. "Zane," she gushed, a huge green breaking out as she reached out, bringing the soldier closer to herself in a friendly hug.

"Nae," he breathed, holding tightly on to her. "I've missed you."

She released, holding him away at arm's length, looking straight into his dark blue and emerald eyes, her face the picture of happiness. "And I you."

"How are you old friend?" Zane asked, interest flaring in those eyes that always held some type of passion.

"How is anyone in a time of struggle such as this?" She replied.

Zane nodded, understanding.

"Now," Nae said, turning to the room to speak. "I think I am safe to assume that you all know why you are here..." Nae trailed but Zane was only half listening.

He was saddened to see how much she had changed since he had seen her last but she'd had to take on a lot so it was understandable.

Her parents, the King and Queen of the Zachoria, had been unfortunate enough to be riding in the spacecraft that was to be the peace treaty between two worlds. The Zachoria and the Humans. However, the humans had installed fear into their own hearts and, fearing an attack, had destroyed of the craft and all its contents... That was when the war began, when everything in the Zachorian nature stopped making sense.

"So that's the plan. Good luck and don't be stupid... You've been entrusted with this mission. Please don't turn like one of those rogues whose only intention is to kill. It is unnecessary and, if caught, will mean that you will be detained," Naelene finished with a sigh before turning once again to Zanerious who had long since awoken from his reverie. "Be careful, I can't lose another person who's so important and close to me."

"I bet you say that to everyone," Zane joked, his smile only half reaching his eyes.

Nae smiled, shook her head a little sadly before reaching toward Zane for a goodbye hug. "Goodbye," she whispered. "Stay safe... Help me win this war."

When Zane pulled back, he met her gaze, nodding once but solemnly. For Naelene he would try. He then stepped back and bowed to Naelene in respect and admiration... The others in the room soon followed.