An Unpleasant Discussion

Magsimula sa umpisa

" I'm glad to know the effects aren't permanent at least. So this stuff doesn't zap a Quirk for good." Rocklock said.

" No. But Eraserhead and Miss Shimura might have some further insight." Nighteye said. All ears were to Class 1A's teacher, Shota Aizawa and his daughter.

" It doesn't exactly function like my Erasure does. Since I'm not actually attacking the Quirk directly. What we call a quirk is an extraordinary addition to an ordinary human body. Those additions are collectively referred to as Quirk genes. I can shield those genes and temporarily block their expression, but I don't actually damage them." Aizawa said. She moved onto her portion of speaking. 

" Like Eraser said, it doesn't function the same as Reverse. Since I can't touch the gene, I'd have to touch the person fully, which normally ends up in Death," The room went stiff for a moment. 

" It takes a lot of concentration, even to just turn metal into wood. You're changing matter's functions, practically destroying its original construct and rebuilding it again. As far as the doctors have told me, there are only abbreviations of my Quirk. There are different branches of Reverse, but the power I have is unlimited. If I managed to concentrate enough, I could cancel a Quirk, but not forever." She explained, touching the table with her pinky, changing it from steel to glass to wood, then its original state. The room began to settle, Fatgum's voice coming next. 

" But after Tamaki here was shot, we brought him to the hospital, and they found that his Quirk genes had sustained damage. Fortunately, they seem to have healed on their own and he's back to normal now." Fatgum said.

" What do we know about the substance he was shot with?" Nighteye asked.

" Whatever it was didn't harm the rest of his body. Nothing but his Quirk was impaired in any way. The guy who shot him clammed up. He won't say one word. And the round that hit Tamaki was totally spent. However, Kirishima bravely defended Tamaki from a bullet, which then bounced off his own body and should now provide us with a viable sample." Fatgum said.

" Whoa, I did that? Really? That's crazy." Kirishima said.

" When we analyzed the substance from the bullet, we discovered something that made me sick to my stomach. It contained human blood and cells." Fatgum said. Everybody's hearts started beating heavily in their chest. If this was the Hassaikai, where were they getting this from? Kaori's mind started turning, her gears moving faster to find out what was happening.

" In other words, that effect came from a person. A Quirk that can destroy Quirks." Ryukyu said. Kaori's face went pale as she came to a realization. Oh god no...

" I'm not connecting the dots, here. How is all this related to Hassaikai?" A masked hero said.

" The man who shot Tamaki used an illegal drug to boost his Quirk during his fight with Kirishima. The distribution channels for stuff like that are complex. Although things have shrunk since the old days. Drugs still pass through various people and organizations before they finally reach the end user. There's no concrete evidence that Hassaikai handled the drug, but we know for a fact that they interacted with one of the middlemen responsible for moving it." Fatgum explained.

" That's all?" The masked hero asked.

" The other day, Ryukyu's team broke up a fight between two villain groups. One of those groups was controlled by the intermediary organization that Fatgum just mentioned." Nighteye said.

" One of the two giants had been given as inferior drug that didn't last long." Ryukyu said.

" There have been a rash of gang-related crimes recently, and most could be connected to the Hassaikai if you tried hard enough." Another hero said.

" Which is what it seems like you're doing, trying to make them guilty. Don't you have anything that implicates them more clearly?" The masked hero asked. The image on the screen changed from a wrecked building, to a man with a crow mask.

" They young head, Chisaki : Quirk, Overhaul. With this power, he can disassemble things and then reassemble them. A Quirk that allows him to completely break down matter. And a bullet that can break down Quirks." Nighteye said. She looked at Mirio and Midoriya instantly, seeing their bodies stiffen.

" Chisaki has a daughter named Eri. When Mirio and Midoriya encountered Eri, they noticed there were bandages wrapped around her arms and legs. Chisaki also mentioned that Eri was clumsy." Nighteye said. Aizawa was put on edge almost immediately. Bandaged body. Bullets made from human blood. Kaori's hands began to shake as they tightened on her uniform's skirt. 

" Could he really do something so horrific?" Ryukyu asked.

" Unfortunately, yes. In a world of super humans, if you can dream it, you can do it." Gran Torino said.

" Hold on, what are they talking about?" Kirishima asked. Come on, guys. Grab a brain.

" They're wondering if Chisaki is turning his daughter's body into bullets and selling them on the black market. Am I wrong?" Kaori asked, looking up at the head of the table. Her eyes were full of rage and sadness. Nighteye nodded his head slowly. Aizawa placed a hand on her shaking one, trying to calm her down. 

" No.." Kirishima said, horrified by his friend's words. 

" No, don't tell me..." Uraraka said.

" To be clear, we aren't certain that he's actually selling the bullets. At this point, their efficacy appears to be questionable. It's possible they're still in the testing phase, and he's giving them out as samples to rally more people to his cause. We have no hard evidence, but we do know he's gathering allies and funds from across the nation. If the completed drug allows him to annihilate someone's Quirk entirely, imagine the devastation he could cause." Nighteye explained. Samples. He's giving his daughter's body as samples. Despicable.

" Just talking about it...it's enough to make my blood boil. Let's go get this monster." Fatgum said.

" Tch. Woulda saved us a lot of trouble if these amateurs had just gotten the girl away from him." Rocklock said, glaring at the two boys who were already guilt-ridden. Kaori glared down at the man.

" I take full responsibility. The blame should not fall on them. Even without knowing the whole story, they acted to save the child, each in their own way." Nighteye said, defending them, but it didn't make the two heroes-in-training feel any better. Only worse.

" Midoriya was willing to bear the risk of taking her then, while Mirio chose to wait for another opportunity when success would be more likely. I assure you, nobody in this room is more frustrated than they are." Nighteye said. The two heroes-in-training then stood up abruptly, their chairs making a clattering sound.

" We'll get Eri away from him next time!"

" And we'll protect her!"

" Indeed. That's precisely what we've come here to discuss."