Spice's Cooking Problem Chapter 9

It was the next day and Neon was hanging out in the living room, playing with his guitar until Sonic came in the room.

"Hey Man."

"Hi...um...."

"Neon."

"Neon. Right."

Sonic sat down by him and looked at his guitar.

"Is that yours?"

"Yup. It's very special to me."

"Where'd you get it?"

Neon sighed and said,

"It's a long story."

"Oh I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry. I'm used to it."

"So what are your abilities?"

"Mine is based on music."

"Oh cool."

Sonic looked at his neck and saw his gem.

"Cool necklace."

Neon looked at his gem and said,

"Oh this isn't a necklace. We just wear it as one to make sure that it's with us all of time. The others have one as well but obviously in different colors."

"What's so special about it?"

"It's a hyper gem. It makes our abilities stronger and it gives us a hyper form."

"Cool. Can I see?"

"Absolutely not." Sonic and Neon turned their heads and saw Spice walking towards them.

"We don't use it unless it's necessary."

"Fluffy tail! You're ok!"

"Yes I'm fine but enough with the nicknames already."

"Aw come on Spice."

"Hey Sonic? How about I make breakfast for you and your friends as a thank you."

"If you want, sure."

"Thanks. Where's the kitchen?"

"The door on the left."

"Thanks." She walked away and was looking for a cookbook.

"Where are you book. Ah! There it is!"

She grabbed it and opened it up.

"Bread!"

She tried to summon the bread but nothing happened. She cleared her throat and said,

"I said, bread!"

Nothing happened.

"Come on stupid book! Work!" Spice started shaking the book as Amy and Sticks walked in confused.

"Bread! Bread!"

"What are you doing?"

Spice turned her head and saw Amy and Sticks.

"Looks like she's trying to learn how to read." Sticks said.

"Oh great, another Knuckles." Amy said.

"Excuse me!?" Spice yelled.

"Nothing! So what's wrong?" Amy asked.

"I'm trying to get the bread out of the book but it's not working!"

Amy and Sticks looked at each other.

"She really is Knuckles." Sticks whispered.

They both jumped as a bolt of lightning went between them. They stood their shocked as she was growling at them with her hand smoking.

"Ok! Ok! We'll stop!" Sticks said.

"If you want bread so badly, it's in the cabinet." Amy said.

Spice turned her head and walked towards the cabinet.

"Happy now?" Sticks asked.

"You really need to fix this book."

"The book doesn't do anything. It's just a reading material."

"How do you guys get food then?"

"You don't have a grocery store in the future?" Amy asked.

"We..."

"What's going on?" Blaze asked as she walked in the kitchen.

"How do you guys get food in the future?"

"Yeah! This lady is swinging books like a maniac!" Sticks said.

"Make fun of me one more time and I'll make sure that I won't miss!" Spice yelled.

"I guess this is gonna sound confusing. Follow me." Blaze walked to the living room as everyone sat down in a seat.

"What's going on?" Sonic asked.

"I'm gonna explain how food works where we're from."

"Blaze! You can't tell them about the future!" Silver said.

"Well first of all, I don't want to explain what just happened in the kitchen. Second, they won't even live that long to our timeline anyway."

You felt kinda sad about that as she continued.

"So this is a one time acception because you did say we need to learn."

"Fine."

Everyone looked at Blaze. She turns on her communicator and a holographic projector appeared for everyone to see.

"In the future, we were given a cookbook that can summon any type of ingredients to make food for your friends and family."

"It's pretty much the same with the refrigerator as well, along with cabinets and pantries. If we want something, we get it. Best part, it can be childproof so kids can't ask for so much sweets."

"How does this work you ask? Well even though you can summon food, you still have to pay because the company needs the money to make more similar stuff like this."

"So for other places you put food, you order online and it appears in the refrigerator or cabinet or wherever you put food. You send the money to the company online to continue this method."

"That's cool!" Sonic said.

"So there's no grocery stores?" Amy asked.

"Not really. People can just summon food at home now. But there is still restaurants and they use them as well."

"But what about..."

"That's all I'm gonna say." Blaze said as she turned the hologram off.

"Aww man." Knuckles said in disappointment.

"You guys have an interesting future." Y/N said.

"Yeah but if we want to keep that future, we need to stop Toxic." Silver said.

What's gonna happen next? Find out on Chapter 10. Have a good day. Author out ❤️❤️❤️