Chapter 15

GABRIEL and Aaron safely arrived in Romania as they were walking out of the airport. It was dusk and whenever the sun was passing through Romania, it would seem that the clouds were having another idea. Hence, it was safe for them both, as Blue Blood—Pure Blood nonetheless—to be walking out in the open with nothing to fear. Besides, the commoners here were superstitious about their existence anyway and have always been careful of anyone besides their family and relatives.

It's a good thing that Gabriel's and Aaron's families were huge as the wedding of their cousin, Alina, was fast approaching. It was around the corner, as English liked to say.

"My boys! Welcome home," the sweet voice greeted them as Aaron was smiling at her mother, Carla Covaci. Gabriel was running toward his aunt as he hugged her. Aaron just walked toward his mother as he knew that Gabriel was more affectionate with her than himself.

"Aunt Carla! I thought you're busy picking us up," Gabriel said as she was kissing her nephew. Aaron's mother was smiling happily as she was caressing her nephew before Aaron was standing next to Gabriel.

"Hello, mother," he said before Carla Covaci was scanning him up and down as if Aaron would be hiding something underneath his clothes. Then, she grimaced.

"Why can't you be more like your cousin, Aaron? Look at Gabriel, he's greeting me the right way. Where've my kisses?" she asked whilst Aaron sighed. Then, he leaned closer as he kissed his mother's cheeks. When he did that, his mother smiled as she patted his cheek.

"Now, that's much better. Come along, we have a long way to go to the castle," she said as Gabriel followed her. Aaron sighed as he looked at the clouds before he started walking, knowing that his mother would likely arrange a meeting or something with someone from a distant relative. But Aaron did not want that for he had found someone that he wanted to spend his life with.

Only she was their worst enemy, the Huntress of the Order.

*****

Bianca was greeting people around the village that she stayed which was located near Lacul Rosu. She did not know that there was a small village, hidden from the rest of the world as she was exploring the ground.

Her mother, Adina, was showing her the places where she could gather some herbs for her. Her mother was a healer in that village and had to help a lot of people in need because they did not go out in public to get the modern medicine like Bianca was used to.

But she has not complained since Bianca got to spend more time with her mother as she had been missing her quite dearly for the last past years when they got separated when she was 15 years old.

"Why would you leave me on Sicily when I was 15 years old?" she asked her mother once after she had been back for a few days to her birth village. Adina smiled as she was caressing her hair before kissing her temple.

"It was the time where a Pure Blood would manifest their powers if they stay here. And I don't want anyone to find you, especially those from the Order, and it worked. It would seem that you, Bianca, have not to manifest any power that would draw attention to this village anymore.

"We are safe now, my love. We're safe from those hunters," she said as she was hugging Bianca before Adina asked her to accompany her to the fields to gather some herbs. She was still puzzling together about the words that her mother had said but Bianca just ignored it for it would be difficult for the hunters—as her mother said—to find them if they were so deeply rooted in the pine forest of Lacul Rosu.

According to the legends, people of Romania didn't walk into Lacul Rosu, or the Red Lake as the tourists called it, for they were afraid of something that might come and attack them. Bianca did not know what something that they referred to was but she had a guess.