First NBA Game

I opened my eyes and rolled out of the bed. We were back in Charlotte after the Summer League, which we lost in the Semi-Finals. I walk downstairs and start to make breakfast. Deciding to make sausage and eggs, I get the sausage and egg from the fridge. I plug my phone into its speaker and start playing music as I cook. It'z Just What We Do by Florida Georgia Line started playing. "Kick back, relax and pass the good time moonshine. Who brought the party? Damn that was Florida Georgia Line." I rapped. After I finished making the food, I turned around only to see Cody leaned up against the door. "You scared me Cody." "You were just in your own little world, so I wasn't gonna mess with you." I grabbed the plates and put the food on them, handing Cody his plate. We finish eating and put the plates in the dishwasher. Looking at the clock, I see its 10:15. We go get dressed and then head towards the practice arena so we could get some shots in before the game tonight.

Pulling up to the arena, I see someones car was also there. Cody and I walk inside and I see Bismack Biyombo shooting free throws. "Biz!" He looks up at me and smiles. "Hey Britt, you ready for tonight?" I just shrug my shoulders. "As ready as I'll ever be." Grabbing a basketball, I dribble to the 3-point line. "Try to get by me." Cody says as he steps in front of me. "Easy." "You can't do it Brittany." "Watch me Zeller." I cross up Cody, him falling down. I nail the fadeaway jumper and stare him down. "What did you say Zeller?" I hear Biz laughing then someone yelling. "MAN DOWN! SNIPER IN THE BUILDING! I REPEAT, MAN DOWN!" Glancing up, I see Lance Stephenson recording us. I help Cody up then we practice for awhile before heading to the arena for actual shoot-around.

We walk into the arena and to the locker room. I grab my jersey and shorts and go to the bathroom to change. "Wow, I like the teal blue jerseys." I say to myself. After I change I walk back into the locker room, where the rest of the team was. "Dang, thats a good looking jersey!" I sit down in front of my locker, which is in between Cody's and Noah's. Sliding on my warmup pants and shirt, I wait on everyone else to get ready. Once everyones ready, we head out for shoot-around. When that's over, we hang out in the locker room before we have to go play.

"Alright team, here we are, ready to begin the 2014-15 Season. We have a Kick-ass team that I think can do something. Now, who's ready to win?" Coach Clifford gave us our pre-game pep talk and then we headed out to warmup before the game. We warmup and then they do the National Anthem. After that, it was starting lineups. Ours was Al, Kemba, Lance, Marvin and MKG. Milwaukee's was Middleton, Parker, Sanders, Dudley and Knight. The game started and I was soon absorbed in the game.

Milwaukee called a timeout with 1:46 left to go in the first. We huddled up and Coach told us a play then he looked at me. "McDermott, your up." I grin and when the huddle breaks, I walk onto the court. "AND COMING IN FOR YOU HORNETS, BRITTANY MCDERMOTT!" I concentrate on the game and soon the first quarter ends. The second quarter starts and not long into it, I take a jumpshot and make it. I had just scored my first professional points.

We went into the 4th quarter behind. After playing catch-up the whole quarter, we were only down by 3. We were running out of time, so Kemba threw up a 3 just as time was running out, and it went in! We were going to overtime. Once again, we were down with just a few seconds to go. We inbounded the ball and Kemba chucked up another 3, and it went in! We had won 108-106! Crowding around Kemba, we all started celebrating as Milwaukee left the court.

After we do our interviews on the court, we walk back to the locker room, still hyped. We all shower and change before doing more interviews, mainly Kemba and I doing interviews. When they interviewers finally left, we gathered our stuff before walking out of the building. Cody and I go to our car and get in, heading towards our house. I doze off on the way home. All of a sudden, I hear Cody saying,"Brittany, Britt, we're home. You need to wake up." After I stumble into the house and up the stairs (and only running into the wall twice) I finally make it to the bedroom. I quickly change into my pajamas and lay down in the bed, quickly going back to sleep.