Draft Night!

"Baby girl, you need to get ready." I hear Cody say, but I remain seated on the bed. He sits behind me on the bed and pulls me into his lap. "Whats wrong baby?" "Im scared." I manage to whisper. "Why are you scared?" He asked me as he starts to rub my back. "Im scared I won't get drafted." "Thats a normal feeling. I felt the same way until they called my name." Finally start to calm down, I climb out of Cody's lap. I get off the bed and go to the closet to grab my dress. Walking into the bathroom, I change into my dress (In Media). I put on some light makeup. "Hey Cody, should I wear my glasses or contacts?" I yell out the door. "Wear your glasses." I put my glasses on then walk out the door. "Wow Brittany, you look amazing." "Thank you Cody. You look pretty good yourself." He was wearing a suit, which he looked AMAZING in!(KellBell59 I couldn't help myself😂) I grab my black flats and slide them on. "Ready to go?" I stand up and we walk down to the lobby to wait on my family.

We got down to the lobby and saw my mom and dad were already there. "Hey momma. Hey daddy." I say as I give them a hug. "Hey mom, hey dad." Cody says to them as he hugs my mom and shakes my dads hand. They had already met Cody and told him to call them mom and dad. I sit down on one of the couches to wait on Doug and his girlfriend Alex. I grab my phone and take a picture of Cody and I.

@TheBrittanyMcDermott18: Draft Night selfie with bae! Where do you guys think I will be drafted to?

Just as I was putting my phone up, Doug and Alex come out of the elevator. "Sorry we are late, I couldn't find my tie." I give them hugs and we head outside to the car they had sent for us. Pulling up to the Barclays Center, the nerves kick into overdrive. Cody grabs my hand and rubs his thumb over the back of it. "Calm down baby. Everything is gonna be ok." We all pile out of the car and we have a really big group hug. "Brittany?" I start walking next to my dad. "Yeah daddy?" "My little princess is all grown up." "Daddy, I will always be your little princess, no matter how old or tall I get." I give him another hug and we start walking again.

We enter a big room and they sit us at our table. I look around the room and see a bunch of the draftees with their families. We talk until we see the Commissioner, Adam Silver, come on stage. "Good evening and welcome to the 2015 NBA Draft. Tonight, 60 young people will be drafted to play alongside some of the best basketball players in the world. The Los Angeles Lakers have the first pick in the draft and they are now on the clock." He walks backstage and everyone starts talking again.

Nobody was willing to risk drafting a girl, The Lakers, Timberwolves, Knicks, 76ers, Magic, Kings, Pistons, and Nuggets all passed on me and drafted guys. "The Charlotte Hornets are now on the clock." I look at Cody. "If anyones gonna draft me, I want it to be Charlotte or Chicago." Everyone goes quiet as Adam Silver comes back out. "With the 9th pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Hornets select-" I see a smile come on his face as he reads the name. "-Brittany McDermott out of Indiana University." We all stand up and I give everyone a hug. A lady gives me a hat that I put on and leads me up to the stage. I shake the commissioners hand and people take pictures. When I finally get off the stage, ESPN is there, waiting to interview me. I finally get back to the table where someone leads us all to a seperate room so we can take pictures. "Im so proud of you sis. Living out your dream of being in the NBA. But the Bulls will beat you Hornets." "Whatever you say Doug."

The draft ends and we all head back to the hotel. Mom and Dad go to their room because they have to fly back home in the morning. Alex and Doug go back to their room to change, while Cody and I go to our room to change. I change into some sweatpants and a Tshirt while Cody changes into a Tshirt and shorts. Someone starts knocking on the door, so I answer it to see Doug and Alex. "You are never gonna take that hat off, are you?" "Nope. It still feels like a dream." "It will for a while, trust me." We talk for about an hour, until Doug had to carry Alex back to their room because she fell asleep. I crawl under the blankets and Cody pulls me into his chest. "Im so proud of you baby girl. Best part is, Charlotte drafted you and I get to see you every day." I peck Cody's lips and start running my fingers through his hair. "I love you Cody." "I love you too Brittany." He pecks my lips one more time before I fall into a peaceful sleep.

Yay!! Cody and Brittany are both on the Hornets!! Leave me some feedback on this story, please and thank you!