Draft Combine and Surprises!

3 Weeks Later in New York (Sorry for all the time skips, but its really nessecary)

Rolling out of the hotel bed, I go take a shower. I put on my issued 'NBA Combine' tanktop, since thats what Im doing today. Throwing on my shorts, I also brush my hair before puttting it up. Grabbing my keys and gym bag, I head towards the combine center.

Walking inside, I take my stuff to the locker room. After I set it down, I head back out to the court. They seperated us into groups, based on our position. I was in the Power Forward group. They made us run drills based on our postion. We did that most of the day. Then they had us play a 3-on-3 halfcourt game. After the game, they had us shooting. I took my turn and they told me I could leave, but to be back there at 9:00 the next morning. Walking back to the locker room, I change my clothes and grab my bag. I get in my rental car and drive towards the hotel.

I walk into the hotel room and check my phone, since I had left it here. I get on Twitter and check it. Not seeing much going on, I post:

@TheBrittanyMcDermott18: Day 1 of the combine complete! Day 2 of 2 is tomorrow! #DraftClassOf2015

I exit out of Twitter and go to Messages.

To: Cody😘
Whats up?

From: Cody😘
Nothing much. Some of the guys came over.

To: Cody😘
Is Noah there?!?!

From: Cody😘
Yeah, why?

To: Cody😘
Tell him I said hey!

From: Cody😘
He says hey back. Can u FaceTime?

To: Cody😘
Yeah, Im back to the hotel.

I exit out of my messages and wait for Cody to facetime me. When he facetimes me, I hit 'Accept' in a hurry. "Hey Cody!" "Hey baby girl. What are you doing?" "Just sitting in the hotel." All of a sudden, there are a bunch of guys surrounding Cody. "Brittany, this is Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and P.J. Hairston. You already know Noah." "Hey guys!" I hear a chorus of hi's from them. Kemba looks at Cody and asks, "Is this the girl that Noah said played like one of the boys?" "Yep. Trust me, she does." We all talk for a little while until they all leave, leaving just me and Cody.

"Hows the combine going?" "Its tough, but its only 2 days. We have the measurements and all that tomorrow." He nods his head. "Yeah, the first day as tough for me also. How do you think you did?" "I think I did OK, but I probably could have done better." "What are you gonna do when the combine's over?" "Im not sure. I might go home and visit mom and dad." 'Little does Cody know, I know what Im doing when the combines over. Im going to Charlotte to visit him!' I think to myself. "Hey babe, I gotta go. Someones knocking on the door. I love you Cody." "I love you too Britt." I hit end and set my phone down.

Nobody was knocking on the door, I just wanted to get my stuff packed up so I can leave straight from the arena tomorrow. I set my combine clothes on the dresser and put my clothes to change into afterwards (A Pair of Jeans, A white shirt, a pair of red Jordans and Cody's Indiana Hoodie.) in my gym bag. Laying on the bed, I grab the remote. Seeing my favorite TV show, Ghost Adventures is on, I click on that. After a while, I check the time and see its 7:30. I decide to go next door to Wendy's and get a sandwich. I eat the sandwich and head back to the hotel. Watching some more GAC, I slowly start to drift into sleep.

Waking up the next morning, I do my normal morning routine. Throwing on my combine clothes, I grab all my stuff and head downstairs. After I put everything in the car, I head back inside to the breakfast area to grab an apple. I eat the apple and head back out to the car, so I can head towards the arena. They do all the measurements and everything they have to do.

Standing Vertical: 35 inches
Max Jump Vertical: 42 inches
Height Without Shoes: 6-1
Height With Shoes: 6-3
Weight: 168 pounds
Wingspan: 6 foot
Standing Reach: 6-7

Are just some of the measurements they did, because they did alot of them. I finally got done at around 2, so I got changed and headed toward the airport. Grabbing all my stuff, I head inside and go through security before waiting in my flight to be called. "Flight 1478 to Charlotte, North Carolina is now boarding." I hear over the intercom. I get all my stuff and give the lady my ticket before boarding the plane. Putting my headphones on, I fall asleep for the plane ride. When I wake up, we are landing. Getting off the plane, I text Noah.

To: Noah🏀
My plane just landed.

From: Noah🏀
Im sitting outside waiting

I put my phone up and grab my suitcase from baggage claim. Walking out the door, I see Noah waiting on me. "Thanks for helping me Noah." "No problem Brittany." We get stuff put in his car before he starts to drive me towards Cody's apartment. Pulling up, we climb out and get my bags. Going up to Cody's floor, we set my stuff against the wall next to the door. I hug Noah and whisper in his ear, "Thank you." "No problem." He leaves and I knock on Cody's door before leaning against the wall opposite the door.

Cody opens the door and his jaw drops in disbelief. "Brittany?" "Hey Cody." He opens his arms and I jump into them, burying my face in his neck. "I missed you so much Cody." I mumble into his neck. "I missed you too baby." I get down and go to grab my suitcase when Cody grabs it, So I grab my gym bag. We walk inside and I drop my bag on the ground and lay down on the couch. "Are you tired baby girl?" I yawn before I answer. "Yeah, just a little." He scoops me up into his arms, causing me to giggle. He carrys me to the bedroom and stands me up. Grabbing some sweatpants from my suitcase and he tosses me one of his shirts to wear. I walk into the bathroom and change, brush my teeth and my hair. Walking out of the bathroom, I crawl into the bed next to Cody. He pulls me into his chest and wraps an arm around me. "I love you Brittany." I hear him whisper. "Love you too Cody." I mutter before I fall into a deep sleep.