Saying Goodbye Is Never Easy

I open my eyes and see the sun coming in through my window. Realizing what I had to do today, I dreaded getting out of the bed. "Brittany? You awake?" "Yeah Allie, Im awake. Whats up?" "Cody just texted me and said that he wants you to take him to the airport. Victor's plane already left." "Alright." Allie walks out of the room and I head towards the bathroom to take a shower.

I take my shower then change into some sweatpants and a mustache sweatshirt, plus a knit hat. (OUTFIT IN MEDIA) Walking into the living room, I see Allie and Abigail both awake. I walk behind Abigail and see she is looking at pictures of Tom Brady on her phone. "Your like Tom Brady's biggest fan." "And your point is?" "Just saying." I grab and apple and take a bite before sitting down. Taking my phone out of my pocket, I see that my Twitter was blowing up from a tweet I was mentioned in.

@CodyZeller: Heading back to Charlotte today, don't wanna say goodbye to @TheBrittanyMcDermott18 And yes, she and I are dating.

@TheBrittanyMcDermott18: Trust me @CodyZeller, I dont want you to leave either.😫

I set my phone down and sigh. Hearing Worldwide by Big Time Rush, I pick my phone back up. I smile as I hit the 'Accept' button on the call.

"Hey Cody."
"Hey baby. What are you doing?"
"Nothing much. Im bored out of my mind."
"You want me to come over there to hang out?"
"Sure. Or I can come get you."
"Im not that far away, Im right down the road."
"Ok, I guess I'll see you when you get here?"
"Yeah. Im on my way now."
"See you when you get here. Byeeeeeeee."
"Bye baby."

I hang the phone up and stick it in my pocket. "Who was that, your bae?" "Possibly!" Just as I say that, someone knocks on the door. Allie stands up to go answer the door, only to yell "BRITTANY! YOU HAVE A VISITOR!!" I walk towards the door and wrap my arms around Cody, hugging him. "Hey babe." "Hey baby girl. What do you wanna do today?" "I just wanna hang out with you until you have to leave." "We can do that."

We walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I lay my head on Cody's shoulder as he lays his arm on the back of the couch. "Ya'll are so cute together!!" Abigail tells us. We talk for about half an hour until Allie says "Im off to softball practice, I'll see you guys later." "Im going to walk around campus, see if anything interesting is going on." Abigail says as she stands up.

I look up at Cody. "You wanna play Madden?" "Sure." "The XBox is in my room, lets go." I stand up and pull him up, heading towards my room. Grabbing the controllers, I toss one to Cody before putting Madden 15 in the console. Sitting down next to him, I pick the Carolina Panthers as Cody picks the Indianapolis Colts.

I ended up winning the game 56-3. "Andrew Luck ain't got nothing on Cam Newton!!" "Shut up Britt." "You mad bro?" "Nah." Turning the XBox off, I sit back down and lay my head back on Cody's shoulder. I smile and kiss his jaw. He grabs his phone and takes a picture of us and posts it on Twitter.

@CodyZeller: Hanging out with my girl @TheBrittanyMcDermott18 before I have to head back to NC. Got my butt kicked in Madden though, 56-3.

@TheBrittanyMcDermott18: I told you Andrew ain't got nothing on Cam!

I hear Cody sigh as he looks at the time. "I guess we should be heading to the airport, since my plane leaves at 4:30." Turning my phone on, I see its 3:00. "Yeah, we probably should." Standing up, I grab my keys as we walk out the door. We climb in the truck and I drive towards the airport.

Pulling up to the airport, we climb out and Cody grabs his suitcase. Intertwining our fingers, we walk into the airport. After we go through security, we sit down and wait on his flight to be called. "Cody?" "Yeah?" "I dont want you to leave." "I dont wanna leave, but baby girl I have to." Just as he says that, we hear "Flight 395 to Charlotte, North Carolina is now boarding." I feel the tears forming in my eyes as Cody pulls me into a hug. "Dont cry baby girl, please dont cry." "I cant help it. I just feel like you will go back to Charlotte and forget about me." He leans down and kisses me. "I would never do that to you baby." "You need to go board the plane Cody. Call me when you land." "I will, I promise." He leans down and kisses me again. "I love you Brittany." "I love you too Cody." He lets go of me and walks towards his gate.

I walk out of the airport and get in my truck, to see my phone blinking. I turn it on and open my messages.

From: Cody😘
I miss you already. When you get back to your place, look in your closet

To: Cody😘
I miss you too, and I will.

I sent the text and closed my eyes. Opening them, I wipe the tears out of them. After I finally calmed down, I started the truck and drove towards my apartment. Pulling up, I saw Allie and Abigail were back. I walk in and set my keys down before walking into the living room. "How did it go?" "I cried." "It'll be ok. I promise." I nod my head and wipe the tears out of my eyes again. "Im gonna go lay down, Come wake me up in about an hour and a half." "Ok, One of us will." I walk into my room and remember what Cody had texted me. Opening the closet door, I see one of Cody's hoodies. I slide it on and lay down on the bed. I attempt to fall asleep, but fail so I just watch SportsCenter.

I knew this day wouldnt be easy, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, thats for sure.