Kirstie

Y'all I can't tell you how excited I am for this storyyy. I have so much planned and I am itching to reveal all this crap but I can'tttttt. Ugh.

That up there was such a tease I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

Oh hey it has a word count on mobile now!

Yes, I'm on mobile. Wattpad is blocked on my school laptop.

Don't judge. My books are a judge-free zone, all right?

But seriously there's already enough hate in this world, don't contribute.

___________

Kirstie messages us two days later telling us she'll be arriving in LA late evening the Thursday of her week of spring break. She'll leave around noon Friday.

"What are we gonna do during all that time?" Kevin asks.

"Kirstie doesn't know we're all boys, and now I'm wishing I'd told her. She's probably planning to paint nails or some other makeup thing." Scott replies.

"I'd like that!" I chimed.

A brief, awkward silence hung in the air, broken by Scott's laughter.

Then Avi and Kevin were laughing.

I wanted to tell them I was serious, but there were tears of mirth going down their faces.

"It wasn't even that funny what the heck is going on..." I said.

They only laughed harder.

"Guys I was serious!"

That shut them up.

"Why didn't I notice that?" Scott asks.

I shrugged. "Anyway," I said. "I'm sure Kirstie will want to get to know us, maybe sing a little so she can get a feel at our voices and the like."

The others nod in agreement.

"But she'll want to focus on Kevin, Avi and me more since we're complete strangers to her. So we need to work together and give it out best. We want to give Kirstie a good first impression."

"You're right, Mitch," Avi replies.

"Ditto." Kevin adds, raising his hand a little.

"So how do you know Kirstie, Scott?" Avi asks.

"We were in the same grade in high school. Same choir, too. She has a beautiful voice, you'll love her."

"Scott says she's a mezzo-soprano, so our ranges will fit and blend well together." I said. "I think a female voice is the piece we've been missing."

"Agreed." Kevin replies.

"Wait, Mitch," Scott says, facing me. "Didn't you say you wanted to tell me something?"

"Do we need to leave?" Avi inquires, pointing at himself and Kevin.

I shook my head. "Might as well tell y'all, too."

I sigh. "All my life, I've had people visit my dreams. They always come towards the end of the dream." I paused.

"And? What does that have to do with anything?" Scott questions.

"I'm getting to that part. Well there was a man and woman there for a while. But the woman just suddenly stopped appearing when I was 6."

"So?" Avi says, unfolding and folding his hands.

"Oh for heaven's sake can I not finish? Sorry. Anyway, Kirstie is the spitting image of the woman from my dream. I mean, they have different skin tone, hair color and eye color, but they look exactly alike."