your bed bouncing told you bobbie had sat next to you, and his hands peeled back the covers, "i promise. and i'll pick you up before hand and we'll have a little lunch date." he smiled down at you, and you smiled up.

"cant wait." you muttered, and he seemed to smile more.

"have a good night. sleep well."

"goodnight."

-

a few hours later, when it was actually time to go to sleep, you had found yourself wide awake.

and sad.

you would agree you had reached some level of normalcy in your new life, since the people you loved had left you, but there were always the hard days. and constantly worrying about bobbie didn't make those days any easier. and you would never tell him this, because it wouldn't be fair to him. you didn't want him worrying about you too.

and you felt bad. you had been rough with him, but it was just because you were scared. and he knew that, but still. you had felt bad for acting like a teenage boy under duress.

you tightened your lips and threw the covers off of you. you knew you had to go see him, so you bagged a small backpack so you could spend the night. leaving a small note for your sleeping parents, you locked the front door behind you and drove off.

-

he had always left the back door unlocked, you knew this and took advantage of it often, and thankfully it had never been squeaky. you shut it behind you, dropped your bag on the couch, like you had done time and time again, and slowly made your way up to bobbies bedroom.

he lay in his bed, hair tossed every which way and his arms up above his head. you crawled in next to him, trying to take what you could of the blanket. he jolted awake at your first tug, but settled when he saw you.

he mumbled a "what's up", and you mumbled a "just couldnt sleep alone" and he smiled, rolled over, and shifted so he only took half of the blanket.

you stared at the back of his head, and thought for a while.

"do you ever think about them?" you whispered cautiously, in case he was already asleep.

bobbie seemed to laugh, "no. never." he joked, turning in the sheets to face you.

you laughed too, "that's not what i meant."

"what did you mean?" he said after a second.

"sometimes i just think..." you looked down, "about them. about their lives." you closed your eyes as to not start crying, "how hard all their lives were." you sighed, "i hope wherever they are, they're happier."

bobbie frowned, "well, i think we both know luke would've gone through literal hell and still would've been happy if you were by his side." he laughed lowly, and so did you.

"that doesn't make me feel better bobbie." you muttered.

"i know. i know." he shifted to put one of his arms under your head, and curled it around you, "i didn't mean it." you both stared up at the ceiling.

there was a moment of silence.

"they had it pretty rough though." bobbie agreed.

"yeah, i mean, luke ran away from home."

"-and reggie with his parents fighting all the time."

"-and alex with never being accepted."

bobbie huffed loudly, "ya know, parents suck."

the simple sentence made you laugh, but you agreed. you had your own problems with your own, but you forced that thought out of your head for the moment.

"i know it's what you always here," bobbie mumbled sleepily, "but i do believe they're happier now. wherever they may be." you could almost hear his eye roll, "in a happier place, and all that jazz."

"do you think they're watching over us?" you asked.

"i dont know," he took a breath, "i don't know what i believe. but i definitely believe they're happier."

after a moment, you stuck out your pointer finger, "to being happier one day."

"with the boys." he smiled a little as he wrapped his finger around yours. you then fist bumped each other and snapped, completing the handshake you guys had made the day you met. it was you and bobbies thing.

"goodnight." he smiled, pushing hair behind your ear before rolling over in bed.

"'night." you whispered.

and as you fell asleep looking at the back of his head, you finally felt better.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───