Chapter 51 ➼ 𝒟𝒶𝓂𝑜𝒸𝓁𝑒𝓈

Start from the beginning

"According to Diyoza, at the first sign of attack McCreary's forces at point B and C will converge to reinforce A, thinking that's where we're coming through," Bellamy speaks, pointing to the map drawn out by Echo. His eyes span the tent of Wonkru's leaders as they listen.

Angelina's stare hardens as Bellamy's eyes meet her own. "Leaving the other two doors wide open," the dark queen nods.

Bellamy's eyes linger over Angelina, before turning to his sister as he announces, "we'll come through here, point C." Bellamy lets his finger rest over the marked entrance. "Now, if we time it right and we move fast there won't be any resistance."

"Once we're in the woods, we take the village," Indra speaks from Bellamy's side.

"Once we're in the woods, we win," Raen grins, before looking between Angelina and Octavia. "We move at first light."

Angelina and Octavia both nod, remaining still as those in the tent begin to clear out.

Octavia turns to her brother, speaking, "tell Echo I said well done."

Bellamy holds back a scoff before saying, "tell her yourself in two hours." The oldest Blake slips through the tent without another word.

Octavia turns to Angelina, the dark queen's eyes sit dark as she stares at the map sitting before them. "Once we're in the valley, everything that we had to do to get there it'll make sense. It'll be worth it."

Angelina slowly nods, her voice quivering as she speaks, "I know."

The next morning, just as the morning sun peers through the trees, Angelina and Octavia lead their army through gorge.

The two queens line themselves up behind Bellamy, who peers around a boulder with his gun aimed high. The man sounds a sigh of relieve as he speaks, "two pill boxes, just like Echo said."

The army turns as gun fire sounds to the west. Angelina nods as she announces, "that's our signal."

Bellamy peers through the scope of his gun, watching as McCreary's guards pile out of their assigned pill boxes as move towards the gun fire. "It's working, they're moving out."

Angelina turns, looking to Roan and Raen as the girl slowly nods. The girl then glances to Nathan and Indra, the two watching their queens as they all bear the war paint of Wonkru.

Octavia raises her sword high above her head, while Angelina lets her eyes fade black. Their army quickly falls in line as the Wonkru queens take lead through the gorge. Angelina walks with Octavia at her side. Roan and Raen slightly behind the two queens as they survey the land before them. Tall rocks line on either side of the gorge. Angelina's eyes sweep across the top of the rocks as she and Octavia swiftly move their army forward.

Angelina turns, her lips part as she grabs Octavia's attention. But before a word can slip from between her lips, Angelina is thrown to the ground.

Her body lands hard on her side, her head bouncing off the ground as Roan shields the girl from the oncoming gun fire that rings in both soulmate's ears.

"Attack!" Angelina hears Octavia yell.

"Tav," Angelina gasps. The girl attempts to sit up against Roan's hold as she frantically searches for sight of her best friend. "Tav!"