xxxiii

(33)
xxxiii

"chaos is a friend of mine."

-bob dylan

Ivy took a sip of her wine, which was actually apple juice (this time for real), as she look around at the crowd.

"Why are you being so dramatic?" Pico whispered next to her.

She lowered the glass and turn to him, "it's for the show. Duh, Pico."

He rolled his eyes at her then took a sip of his sparkling water.

"Have you seen Alaric? I haven't seen him since we left the mansion, " Ivy asked, her eyes wandering around the ballroom.

She spotted all her friends, her parents, and of course her boyfriend who was looking too handsome for his own good.

"Hm. I don't think so? I think the last time I saw him was with Levi, " Pico answered before excusing himself and dashing to Dallas was surrounded by girls.

Prince charming to the rescue. Oops, did I mention that Pico and Dallas are dating now? If not, they are!

"My. What a beautiful young lady all alone, " a cracked voice whispered behind Ivy's neck.

She shivered in a not-good way as she turn and purposely flicked her hair in the person's face. She heard an "oof" as she turned around and met with a middle-aged man who was not charming at all.

She grimaced, not hiding her disgust.

"And you are?" the man asked with a hideous smile on his face, ignoring the get away vibes radiating from Ivy.

"I'm 17, " Ivy blinked.

"I'm 35, " he smiled once more as he look her up and down.

"And I'm a minor."

"And I'm a major."

"Sir, you're too old for these types of games, " Ivy blankly said with a forced smile on her face.

"Well, I'm not too old fo-" before his hand could touch her shoulder she felt a hand grip her left shoulder.

She felt his presence and knew right away who was behind her without having to turn around. Levi gripped her shoulder gently, flashing his engagement ring in front of the man's face.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" the man grumbled at the interruption.

"Her fiancé, " emphasizing the word in the most dramatic way possible, "oh, and the name is Levi King, " adding his name to top off the shock to the middle-aged man.

The man blinked several times until a light bulb flashed above his head. His jaw dropped as he let out an 'ah.'

"Oh-I-erm, hello. I'm so sorry, please excuse my manners. You won't say anything to your father will you?" the old man was suddenly gibberish as he lowered his gaze.

"Ah, of course not, " Levi smiled at the man causing him to shrink even more.

The man bowed then turn to quickly leave.