xv

(15)
xv

"'till death, we do art."

-unknown

"I'm home."

She didn't know why she even said that, there was no one home and even if someone was home there wouldn't be much of a reaction unless it's from her siblings.

But it seems like there was someone home.

"Surprise, surprise, missy!"

The chair turns around and reveals Pico who had his leg crossed and a glass of apple juice in his hand.

"Pico?"

"Wow, " he clapped his hands together after he placed the glass on the coffee table, "so you do remember me. . .then WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN ANSWERING MY TEXTS AND CALLS MISSY?!"

She winces from his loud voice echoing through the living room. Her best friend was fuming while gulping down his apple juice.

"Why are you yelling inside my house, " she told him instead of apologizing.

"This isn't your house, this is your parent's house. Get it right, missy."

She blinked and blinked before letting out a sigh, pinching her nose bridge.

"I want to strangle you sometimes."

"Ma'am, I rather you not, " he replies, "this neck can worth up to $5000."

She snorted.

"Yeah, it will definitely worth $5000 once I send you to the hospital."

All the fuming in Pico's face vanishes as he cheekily smiles at her, "now now. No need to be so blunt. Sit, " he said, patting the chair next to his. She eyed him for an extra second longer before taking a seat.

"I haven't seen you at school yet, " Ivy said.

"Ah yes. That's why I'm here. I finally got the paperwork done and tomorrow I will actually show up."

"You said that the last time, " she said to him.

He let out a nervous laugh while rubbing the back of his head, "yes. . .but this time, it's for real."

She rolled her head and allow her body to fall on the chair until she remembered something, "how did you get inside?"

"Your brother let me in, " he said like it was no big deal.

"My brother is here?! And you're telling me this now?" She stood up and instantly ran around the mansion until she spots a familiar brown hair.

"Xander!"

The tall figure turn when he heard his name called out. He instantly held a smile when he saw his youngest sister running towards him. With open arms, he hugged her while she clings to him with a huge smile on her face.

"When did you came back?" Ivy asked her older brother when she finally let go of him.

His similar brown eyes connect to another brown eye that held many questions in them.