viii

viii

"it takes grace
to remain kind
in cruel situations"

-milk and honey

・❥・

"Run faster!"

A sigh left her lips as she slows down to let the rest of her classmates catch up.

They were either just a slow runner or they didn't want to be near her. Well, she didn't blame them, not after she slammed one of the girl's heads onto the ground.

It was only the second day of school but their PE coach was already making them run on the track. What made it worst was the sun that did not lose a percentage of its heat. Ivy could feel her PE uniform shirt cling to her body as a small drop of sweat ran down her neck.

She wiped the sweat away when she reached the front of the gym again. She tilts her head backward and lets herself relax. She burns herself out, her brain was popping images of the event in the morning as she ran. Even running didn't stop the images replaying in her head. She groans and threw the empty water bottle away.

"Étonnante! Have you join a track team before?" her coach asked when most of her classmates finished running.

(Amazing!)

Ivy shook her head, she never felt like joining the track team since she was already in a taekwondo class.

"Really? Do you plan on joining the track team? We would be very delighted to have someone like you on our team, " her coach said.

"I would be an honor to be part of our school track team but at the moment I am already in a club that takes up most of my free time, " she explained to her coach before excusing herself to the bench under a shade.

She laid on the bench and cover her eyes with her arm. She heard the pounding noise of shoes hitting the concrete track and the rustling of the tree branches. Her chest rises and then falls as she breathes in and out. She opened her eyes again after a bit of relaxation and then turn her head to look at her class. They were just five more people left. While looking her eyes fell on a small area filled with lilacs.

Her mind went back to Pico's words. Levi King has your hair tie.

The single sentence brought her into shock. Not to blame her, after all, he was the least expected person to retrieved it.

Now. How to get it back, she thought.

Would it seem too weird if she suddenly came up to him and demanded her lost hair tie? What if Pico was wrong and he didn't have it? He would think of her as a creep and might spread rumors about her. And that was not on the top of her budget list.

She let out a sigh and sat back up. All because of a hair tie. How frustrating.

She could always get a new one but that one was specially handmade by her beloved late grandparents.

Whatever. She would find a way and get it back. Even if it means putting her ego aside.

・❥・