vi

vi

"Stop looking
for happiness in
the same place
you lost it"

-unknown

・❥・

"Somebody needs to get their man. He got lost in my dm."

"What?"

Earlier

After Ivy received the phone call she spent the rest of her day thinking. Sooner than later, the first day of school was finished and she didn't bump into the boys since morning.

She tapped her foot against the floor of the car as Matthew drive them back to the Rue's mansion. Her eyes wandering around the scenery, her fingers brushing her dyed hair behind her ear.

"You seem quite anxious, Mademoiselle, " someone spoke, interrupting the silence.

She sharply looks up from the sudden voice before softening her stare.

"I'm sure one would be anxious, too, if someone they trust as their hacker suddenly shows up unannounced, " she commented while resting her chin on her palm.

The driver smiled before agreeing with the young heiress. From what he observed while working for the Rue family over the past decades was that Ivy was the only one who spoke her mind no matter what. It was either she kept something lock inside her head without telling a single soul or she told everyone with the exact details. Rarely, she ever was in the middle.

"We have arrived."

Ivy thanked Matthew before she zoomed to her room in a blink of an eye. Before her fingers could touch the doorknob of her bedroom, it open and revealed Pico who was smiling down at her.

"You finally arrived."

"Does my parents know you are here or did you use Ember as your shield?" Ivy asked as she steps inside her room and closed the door behind her.

"Right to the point as always, " he joked a bit, "Don't worry, I told everyone that I was just a close classmate that was visiting by. Which we both know is half true."

Ivy didn't respond to what he said and instead asked him another question, "did you leave the city to joke around or is there something else?"

He pouted as he sat across from Ivy.

"I'm hurt. I came here after three months of not seeing my best friend and this is how you react."

Ivy rolled her eyes but her lips were forming a smile. Pico may irritate her but he always makes her laugh and smile in the end. Seems like he reminded her of someone. I wonder who?

After a bit of joking around, Pico finally told her the reason why he came. From what she understood, he came here because his family has enrolled him in the same school as Ivy. However, the other reason he came was that he found her missing hair tie.

To others, it would seem like an ordinary hair tie with cute charms attached to it but to her, it was the very last gift her grandparents gave to her before they died in a car accident.