Part 4. Arrested On What Charges?

Start from the beginning

As soon as Beckett had said those words, the guards, removed their bayonets and allowed father too step through. "Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man". Father said, whilst walking towards Beckett and pointing at Will. "In fact I do, Mr Mercer". Beckett replied. Suddenly, a hard faced man with dark hair showed up by Beckett's side, with a book in his hands, he opened it and showed it too Beckett. "The Warrant for the arrest of one William Turner". Beckett read out, as he passed the warrant to father too read. Father snatched it out of Beckett's hands, sighing as he turned to look at Will, with a disappointed glance.The whole place went silent, as father glanced down at the warrant and began reading it, his face turned to shock, as he sharply lifted his head. "This warrant is for Elizabeth and Anne Swann". Father replied, in disbelief. "Is it, that's annoying, my mistake, arrest them!". Beckett ordered.

Suddenly, I was yanked out of my place and by my arms, as they were brought forward and placed in the cold, hard shackles. Elizabeth had the same done to her. "On what charges!". Elizabeth cried out. Will then suddenly pounched forward, luckily for Beckett the guards caught him just in time. "No!". Will bellowed. "Aha, Here's the one for William Turner". Beckett ignored, both of them and just continued to search for the warrants. He passed it too father again, only too receive yet another look of confusion from him, as he looked at the warrant and then back up to Beckett. "This one is for Thomas Turner". Upon hearing Thomas's name, I tried my hardest to wriggle out of the guards grip, to get next to Thomas, who looked like he had just seen a ghost, as he backed away slightly only to be caught by two guards and placed in the shackles. "No, No, this isn't right, Thomas is a good man, how dare you!". I shouted out towards Beckett. "Ah, there you are Miss Swann, I thought I saw that vibrant hair of yours in amongst the crowd and may I say what a beautiful colour it is, your fiancé is one lucky fellow". He gave a smirk from the corner of his mouth, before continuing to search for the warrant that bears Will's name. Wait a moment was he trying to flirt with me, I thought to myself, I shudded at the thought of it.

Beckett continued to flick through pieces of paper within his book, before he finally pulled a sheet out. "Aha, here's the one for William Turner". He exclaimed, handing it too father once again too read. "And I have another one for a Mr James Norrington is he present?". Beckett bellowed out into the crowd, as he lifted the warrant high in the air and came closer into the circle of people, that were gathered around. Father and I turned sharply too look each other shocked. Why on earth would James be arrested, why would they need to arrest him when he is out there somewhere, trying to find that wretch Jack Sparrow, which I must add this is all his bloody fault, excuse my french and when I get my hands on him so help me. I was brought out of my thoughts, by Elizabeth shouting. "What are the charges!". She asked Beckett once again. "Yes exactly what I would like too know!". Thomas piped up, only too receive two hard cold stares, from the men who were holding him by his arms, he then pursed his lips together and looked at the ground, whilst lifting his head back up too make eye contact with me, too which I smiled at him for his bravery, too speak up in such a manner.

"Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago". Father told Beckett, as he looked at me sorrowfully. Beckett then looked over towards me and smirked, before turning his attention towards father. What is this man's problem with me, does he fancy me or something, oh no, oh, ewww no, it can't be that can it, why me of all people. I thought to myself. "I don't believe that wasn't the answer to the question I asked". Beckett replied to father. "Lord Beckett, in the category of questions not answered". Will snapped at Beckett. "We are under the jurisdiction of the King's Governor of Port Royal and you will tell us what we are charged with". Elizabeth told Beckett through gritted teeth". "The charge is conspiring to set free a man convicted of crimes against the Crown and Empire and condemned to death for which the...". Father paused sharply, looking down at the warrant confused, by what it means. "For which the punishment regrettably is also death". Beckett replied, not even bothering too look at anyone, just staring into space.

I turned to look at Thomas with wide eyes, suddenly he fell back slightly, as he fainted a little, only to be caught by the two guards holding him up. I then sharply turned to father, who then piped up. "Then why must it be Elizabeth, after all, may I remind you that she had no part in helping anyone escape, she was kidnapped for goodness sake, if anyone is too blame here tis those three, take them but don't take Elizabeth!". Father shouted, at Beckett who was once again paying no attention to him. "Perhaps you may all remember a certain pirate named Jack Sparrow?". Beckett asked, as he walked slowly towards Will, his eyes never blinking or leaving his frame. "Captain!". The four of us snapped. "Captain Jack Sparrow". Elizabeth continued. "Captain Jack Sparrow, yes I thought you might". Beckett replied, before pushing past inbetween Elizabeth and Will and walking off into the crowd.

Upon hearing father's words, my heart sunk to my stomach, once again what I had kept on having nightmares about seemed to be slowly but surely coming true and come to think of it I'm actually not loving where this is going, I thought to myself. As soon as Beckett was done speaking they yanked Elizabeth and Will away to goodness knows where, probably the black cells I thought. We were to be removed next, until Thomas spoke up again."How can you say that, Anne was only trying to help rescue Elizabeth from those pirates, she did not partake in any rescue mission". Thomas shouted towards father, whilst I was doing my best to calm him down and keep him quiet. Father then turned sharply and walked over towards us. "Didn't partake in any rescue, ha, may I remind you boy that she was the one whom helped that Jack fellow escape, she was the one whom went charging down into the crowd sword at the ready alongside yourself, I didn't see Elizabeth storming down there, charging at any man whom got in her way". Father snapped, before he looked directly at me.

"Go, leave us please!". Father ordered to Beckett's men, however they didn't budge. "Go now that is an order, I wish to have a moment alone with my daughter that is all I ask!". He snapped, both men looked at each other for a second, before they slowly backed away and went around the corner. Father then proceeded to lift my head with both of his hands and place a kiss upon my head, as Thomas was being dragged away. "Oh my dear girl, such mess you and Elizabeth have gotten yourselves into". He sighed, as he placed his chin upon my head. I didn't say anything other than hug him tightly the best I could, what with the shackles being around my hands.

"I know I'm sorry father, I should have listened too you, I'm such a stupid fool and now myself and the people I care most about are going to pay the price for it". I huffed into his chest, as the tears began to fall. Father then lifted my chin too look up at him. "Oh my dear girl you are anything but a stupid fool, but none other than a head strong beautiful young woman, who reminds me of her mother more and more each day, everytime I look at you". He said, as he booped my nose with his finger. "I am so sorry I stuck up for your sister and not yourself, I was just so angry, I don't know why they have arrested her, when you must understand that she had really no part in all of this, but only to become the damsil in distress and not by choice, but you best be damn sure, I am going to do everything in my power, that I can too not see both my girls go through the noose, I can promise you that and I won't stop until I am listened too, even if that means I am to be given the death penalty for breaking laws, but that wouldn't matter a damn too me, as long as both my girls are safe and sound where I will be able too look after them until the remainder of my days". Father finished, as I looked up at him with tear stained cheeks and watery eyes.

I never got the chance to reply, as Beckett's men came storming back and grabbed hold of my arms, ushering me backwards, father placed once last kiss upon my head and whispered too me. "Have faith my love, I will sort this and make it all right again, take care of your sister for me and look after Thomas, he is a good lad deep down". I was then pulled further away from Father, as I continued to look back at him, as he just stood their crying into his handkerchief, before being comforted by one of the guests. I turned my head away from the scene bowing my head as the tears streamed down my face. "I love you daddy". I whispered, as I knew deep down we weren't going to be getting out of this, or were we, who knows.