With Friends Like These {15}

Start from the beginning

I walk back to the bedroom area of the camper to check on her. In my haste of getting out of the damn bed, the covers shifted, exposing Ollie's back from the waist up. She looks like a wet dream. One that I don't allow myself to have. Any sexual thoughts I've ever had about Ollie I quickly shove out of my head the moment they pop in, because I didn't want to cross that line of friendship. It's not worth the risk of ruining things and losing her over. So how the hell did we end up here?

I remember dancing with Becca last night. When I leaned in to kiss her, everything in the world just felt wrong. I let that tattoo artist get in my head yesterday and couldn't get him out. I wanted to drink the thoughts away, so I went back to the bar.

I start pacing the camper, trying to piece last night back together.

When Becca and I got back to the bar, I tried holding a conversation with her, but everything fell flat. She kept trying to kiss me, but Jace's words kept messing with my head, and it turned my stomach every time she leaned in. Eventually, she snapped, 'God you're so lame,' and stormed off.

After that, it was just glass after glass of Scotch, and the current thump in my head reminds me that I had way too many. I groan and sit on the couch, nesting my head into my hands. Ollie came back. I remember her fingers dancing across my back. That smile that could level cities flashed at me. That's when things start to blur in and out.

I'm not sure how we got in the camper, but I remember her leading me down the hall. She was walking backward toward the bed. The moonlight filtered through the window in such a way that it accentuated her perfectly round breast through the damn sheer top of her's

A flash of Ollie completely naked on that bed barges its way into my mind, making my dick uncomfortably swell.

Stop. It's fucking Ollie. Fucking Ollie.

The way she writhed and moaned under was like music.

Shit, stop.

I lean back on the couch, shoving that vision out of my head, but it doesn't go as easily.

She walked me back to the camper... lured me back?

I shake that thought from my head. I might not have seen Ollie drinking, but there's a good chance she was just as wasted as I was. Maybe last night was just one big fucking mistake on both of our parts. Hell, if I did leave, she might not even realize who the fuck she was with last night.

God, I'm a piece of shit.

Have I bailed on chicks before? Yeah, not proud of it, but yeah. This one I can't walk out on, though. She's not just a chick. She's Ollie. The girl I go to after I bail on a chick, and who makes me feel better about being an asshole.

I take a deep breath in, assuring myself that this isn't going to ruin things between her and me. We can get through this little hiccup and get back to the way things were. I can't let the tattoo artist get in my head. Maybe taking his friendship to the next level worked out for him, but I can't take that risk. If Ollie and I were to break up, it'd ruin everything, and I can't risk losing that ray of light in my life. I need her.

Behind me, the sounds of shouting slowly grow, to the point that it's apparent something serious is going down on Pirate grounds. A frown forms on my face as I push off the couch and poke my head out the door to see what the fuck is going on.

"I don't see what the big fucking deal is?!" Becca storms after Creed. The thick soles of her buckle and pleather boots shift under the loose gravel.

Creed turns on her with a fiery gaze that sets me on edge. "The deal? The deal is, I don't want you to be my fucking Siren, Becca. The answer is no!"