17☆; Release Party

Third Person

Third Person.

Melody stood by a table full of drinks as she talked to her friends. The party had started around 2 hours ago, and the house was quickly filled up with (vaccinated) people.

"So, you and Zach are just friends?" Caroline, a friend of hers, asked raising her eyebrows, skeptical of whether they were just lying to the public to prevent the amount of hate fans would give them.

"Well, best friends, yeah," Melody corrected her and nodded a bit, shrugging. "Oh, girl, come on. I just saw you guys hugging like an hour ago, no way that's platonic." Caroline scoffed.

Melody just shook her head, "Nope, best friends. We're just both touchy. And he's very affectionate," she took a sip of her alchohol infested orange juice.

"Well, could you imagine yourself with him? Like, can you imagine him being your boyfriend in the future?" The older girl questioned and made herself a drink as well.

For some odd reason, that question caused Melody to become frozen.

Obviously the first thing that popped into her head when Caroline asked was, "I wish he already was."

but she could never say that.

That's something she could never admit. It's not like she had a crush on him, that wasn't the case. She just really liked him.

She liked him so much that she would date him. But it wasn't a crush, right? Just close friends. Melody thought for a second.

If she said yes, Caroline would think she had a crush on him. But, if she said no, she'd sound rude, plus she'd be lying.

"I...I don't know. He's amazing, one of my best friends and easily the best guy i've ever met, but I don't think he should be with me. He should be with someone who can give him everything he deserves and more, I can't do that. And, like I said, we're best friends. Of course I admire him, but I don't know if we'd last. So, I don't know." The girl half lied, keeping her eyes on her drink.

Caroline saw right through her, but just nodded, "Hm, yeah. You guys are gonna be so cute when you finally get the balls to date each other."

Before Melody could respond, as if on cue, she felt Zach's arms wrap around  her waist from behind.

"Hey, Mj," He said softly in her ear and took her drink out of her hands, putting it up to his lips. The girl turned around and looked at him, watching him drink her drink as he kept one of his arms around her waist.

She couldn't tell if he was really tired, really drunk, or both.

"You enjoying the party?" She asked and kept her eyes on his hand as he handed her back the, now empty, cup.

Lord, his hands are so nice.

Zach nodded, his voice remaining as soft as before. "Yeah, it's been really fun. I haven't seen you much though, I missed you." He responded and tucked a piece of her dyed blonde haid behind her ear.

"You're hands are so hot." She spoke with confidence. She didn't know if it was because of the amount of alchohol she had consumed or if it was just a rush of confidence, but suddenly the girl had lost her filter.

Zach raised his eyebrows, surprised at how the girl was acting, but a smirk rested on his lips despite how surprised he was.

"Oh, yeah? Since when do you think I'm hot? You must have had alot to drink, gorgeous," He shook his head and Melody smiled as she felt his grip tighten around her waist. "You've always been hot. I just never said anything.

To Zach's disappointment, their conversation was cut short by Daniel running up to them.

"Guys, the release countdown is about to start!" He exclaimed, not mentioning the situation he found them in, though he already planned on bringing it up in the groupchat the morning after.

The three quickly rushed to the front of the room where the rest of the friend group was as people began counting down from ten.

"TEN, NINE, EIGHT, SEVEN, SIX," Everyone shouted at the top of their lungs.

In those 5 seconds, Melody was the happiest she's ever been in her entire life.

She had the best friends she could ask for, she was about to drop one of the best songs she's ever made, her mental health was at an all time high, and she had Zach. She was beyond grateful, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE!"

Everyone cheered and the DJ reloaded spotify on the large TV, immediately clicking on the song when it popped up.

Zach smiled and hugged Melody tightly as she laughed into his chest. As soon as they pulled away from their hug, Ashton jumped onto her back, "Melly, you did it!"

She laughed and hugged her, soon the group began screaming the lyrics.

☆☆☆☆
authors note
KINDA SHORT BUT THATS JUST CAUSE I WANTED TO FOCUS ON ZELODY SRRY
melly was spittin in the chapter btw