14☆; Musical Genius

Third Person

Third Person.

The friend group all sat in the studio as Jack was in the booth, re-recording his part.

Everyone was scattered around the room, while Zach sat next to Melody at the sound board.

"You know, I've made music before, but never like this. It's really impressive, MJ." Zach ended the comfortable silence and leaned back in his chair. Melody blushed and smiled wide, "Thank you, but you are too. You and the boys made that whole album completely by yourselves, do you know how crazy that is?"

Zach began smiling as well and shrugged. "Nah, I'm talking about you, MJ. This is definitely gonna be one of the best singles we've ever released, and it wouldn't exist without you and your beautiful talent." He looked directly into her eyes and she quickly looked away, feeling her heart beating fast.

God, how does he do this to me?

Jack suddenly came out of the booth, "Yeah, that last take was definitely the one."

Melody nodded at him with a smile. "Alright guys, all we need is the adlibs for Zach's verse and it's done" She announced loudly. Everyone in the room cheered and all the boys got up.

"Any ideas?" Daniel looked at the young girl. "Your asking me for ideas for adlibs?" Melody asked with a small smile. Jonah nodded a bit, "Well, you are the musical genius, aren't you?"

"Well, I think it'd kinda be cool if you guys repeated what he said, you know, kind of like a domino effect? Not actually singing it though, kind of shouting it." Melody suggested and shrugged.

"See, told you she's a musical genius," Jonah said as they all went into the booth.

Melody just laughed and shook her head as she turned on the music. The boys did as she said, adding quiet harmonies every now and then, and daniel ending the verse with a falsetto.

Melody smiled, "Yeah no, that was definitely the one. Not even gonna debate it.". The boys smiled and cheered as she put everything at the right volume and mixed it togther.

"Alright, children, gather around for the first official listening of 'Mad at You'," Melody cooed and they all hurridly sat on the couch, anxious to hear what the song had in store.

Melody smiled and pressed play before getting up and sitting beside Zach. The group all listened to the song, cheering at the parts they thought were elite.

"I'm so proud of you, gorgeous." Zach leaned into Melody's ear as the final part of the song was playing. The girl smiled and kissed his cheek. It was out of impulse, but she didn't regret it at all.

Zach smiled wide, feeling like nothing could ruin that moment for him.

For anyone else, yeah, it would've just been a small kiss on the cheek. But, for him, it felt like the most beautiful thing in the world.

He was the happiest he could be in that very moment, and all the girl did was kiss his cheek.

☆☆☆☆
authors note
this is kinda short sorry 😭😭
hope yall are doing well mwah