42☆; Beauty Standard

Third Person

Third Person.

Melody frowned when she woke up to Zach sitting on the edge of the bed, having a phone call.

"No, we didn't plan for it to happen. Daniel took the story down, I don't know what else you want me to do." Zach huffed.

Melody sat up in bed, noticing how angry he sounds. He felt her body move and turned around to look at her, giving her a small smile.

She gave him tired smile and he moved closer to her, grabbing her hand. "Look, I gotta go. I wanna enjoy my time off. Everything will be fine." He sighed and hung up the phone.

"What happened? What's going on?" She asked, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Daniel accidently posted a video of me kissing your cheek, people are freaking out." He clarified, speaking in a soft voice as he knows she just woke up.

"Oh...just because you kissed my cheek?" She frowned and he sighed, kissing her forehead a few time. "People can't know we're together, baby." He said quietly and gently pulled her closer.

Melody sighed. She knew he was just trying to protect their relationship, but the way he talked about it made her feel like he was embarassed to be with her. Zach noticed the look on her face and rubbed soft circles on her hand with his thumb, "What's wrong?"

"What's so bad about people knowing about us? I know I'm not the white girl beauty standard, but I didn't think that'd make people seeing you kiss my cheek be the biggest mistake in the world." She shrugged, keeping her eyes on their hands.

Zach's eyes soften as he realized how awful what he said sounded. "You know I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry," He kissed her hand and she just shrugged.

"It's fine, I'm fine." She sighed and got off the bed, walking out of the room. Zach frowned and followed after her, scolding himself for already messing things up.

The rest of the friend group was already awake in the living room, talking about random topics. When the couple walked in, they could immediately tell the whole incident was effecting them.

"Morning, guys." Melody smiled and sat next to Conan, who immediately used her as a pillow and rested his head in her lap. It didn't really bother Zach, though.

He knew how close they were, and would never try to tear that apart. Plus, Conan made it pretty obvious that he had a preference for men, so he didn't think anything of it.

Zach sat next to Jack and yawned as they did their signature handshake. "Breakfast?" Daniel asked while running his hand through his curly hair. "God, yes, I'm so hungry." Ashton groaned.

"Should we go out for breakfast since we stayed in for dinner?" Jonah asked and they all nodded. "I'll get ready in a minute, I'm still waking up." Corbyn mumbled, cuddling into his sleeping bag.

The group fell silent again as they all rested their eyes. Zach broke the comfortable silence by getting up quietly and whispering to Melody, "Can we talk, in private?"

He wanted to give her space, but at the same time he didn't want to let their problem linger for too long. In his last relationship, he never wanted to confront anything, but he couldn't do that with Melody.

The thought of her hurting because of him made him feel sick to his stomach.

Melody nodded and slowly got up, letting Conan switch positions. Zach gently grabbed her hand and led her to another room, making sure nobody would be able to hear their personal conversation.

"I'm so sorry. I'm a fucking fool for treating you like that. I didn't think about what I was saying until after I said it. I'm not ashamed of you at all, beautiful. You're amazing and I want the whole world to know you're mine." He said softly, pressing a soft kiss to her hand when he was done speaking.

Melody smiled wide, "Well, maybe not the whole world...but if I want to show you off or we accidently show affection to each other on social media, I don't wanna have to pretend like we don't like each other."

Zach immediately nodded, making sure to validate her feelings. "Of course, baby. I'm sorry for letting management try to convince me other wise." He gave her a small smile.

Melody didn't even hesitate to kiss him. His arms went around her waist just as she raised her hands to his face. He pulled her even closer as the kiss became more heated, their tongues slipping into each others mouth.

Before they could become any more tempted to turn their passionate kiss into more, Zach pulled away slowly and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you. You're everything I've ever wanted." Melody spoke quietly, pecking his lips. Zach smiled and slowly unwrapped his arms from around her to grab both of her hands, "You're everything I've ever needed, MJ."

☆☆☆☆
authors note
this is incredibly short but :,)
in tears i <3 zelody