28☆; I Hurt Him

Third Person

Third Person.

Conan sat in his hotel room on facetime with Melody. Although the two agreed on 'talking', it had been more of a lecture than a talk.

"You really messed up, Melly. I don't want to make you feel even worse than you already do, but god, you messed up." Conan admitted after Melody finished telling him the full story.

Melody sighed as tears gathered in her eyes. "I know...I just don't know what to do. I hurt him, Coco, I really did. And I got hurt too, but by myself, not by him. I feel like such shit for taking it out on him" She looked down, spilling her feelings out, slightly scared of what Conan would say next.

Conan was brutally honest when she asked for advice, and as much as she was grateful for it, sometimes it scared her knowing he wasn't afraid to say what was best for her.

"First of all, drop Jay. Don't wait any longer, just do it. He's gonna hurt you again," He immediately responded and the girl just nodded, knowing it would be best. "And...give him space. I know you want to sort things out but this argument happened not even a week ago, and he probably still isn't ready to communicate his feelings. I can tell you need some space too, just to figure out how you want to address things, so this is definitely the smartest option."

"But what if I wait too long and he thinks I don't care? What if he's waiting for me to apologize? What if he thinks me keeping my distance is d-"

"Melly, you're overthinking. I promise you, this is best. If it makes you feel any better, 'mad at you' is getting them alot of interviews, so he probably wouldn't be able to stay in contact with you that much anyways."

Melody sighed and nodded as she took a sip out of her cup of water and sat up in her bed. Her hair was still wet from when she got out of the shower and she was wearing christmas pajamas, although it was still november, seeing as it was her favorite holiday.

"Can I ask you a question?" Conan suddenly asked to which she nodded in response. "Did you really regret kissing him, or did you just say that?"

Melody frowned as the memories came back to her. She still couldn't believe she said something like that to him. "No, of course not. I just said it cause I was trying to...convince myself I guess. The kiss was so amazing, Conan. I wish I wasn't too stubborn to tell you the night it happened." She looked up at him with a small smile.

"Mm, yeah, it's gonna take me a while to get over the fake that you didn't immediately tell me after you kissed him, but it'ts whatever." He smiled as she let out a laugh. "So...now that we had the whole 'stop disregarding your feelings' talk, do you have feelings for Zach? Like do you have a crush on him?"

"I think so, yeah. I just...I want to be with him so bad. I'm scared but the thought of him treating me the way he always said he would...god, I really want that." Melody nodded and Conan smiled.

"Well, now that your head is out of your ass, I'm sure the 'zelody era' will make a return'

They both laughed and continued talking, Melody had a genuine smile on her face knowing that even though she messed up, there was a chance of getting her boy back.

♤♤♤

Meanwhile, Zach sat on the couch at Daniel's place, being comforted by the rest of the friend group.

"I just...god, I miss her. I know we were never actually together, but I miss her so damn much" He frowned and sniffled, laying his head on the arm of the couch. "Awh, Zach. I bet she misses you too," Franny frowned and sat down a plate of fresh cookies in front of him before sitting in daniel's lap.

"She doesn't. She doesn't even care about me. I bet she's with that guy, god who even is he? He stole her from me so easily." The frown stayed on his face as he grabbed a cookie. The whole group fell silent as they processed his question.

They had decided as a group that it'd be best to not tell Zach that Jay was the ex Melody always spoke so low about, as that would just make him more upset, but they felt guilty knowing he was clueless of the context behind the situation.

"Forget about the guy, Zach, I doubt he means something to her. But you, you mean something to her. I've known her for a long ass time and I promise she did not mean any of the shit she said." Ashton stated, trying to distract him from the thought of Jay.

"I don't know...I just wish I never fell for her." Zach rubbed his left eye. "You don't mean that." Daniel shook his head as he rubbed Franny's side. "Yes, I do. I wish I never fell for her smile. I wish I never fell for her funny jokes. I wish I never noticed the way her eyes light up when someone mentions the stuff shes passionate about" He let out a sigh and put his face in his hands. "Why does she have to be so beautiful?"

"Awh, Zach," Franny cooed. She had basically seen Zach grow up, and although this was not the best situation, seeing him fall so utterly in love with this girl was the sweetest thing.

"I wanna release the song," Zach mumbled. The group looked at him. "Song? Boy, be specific." Ashton rolled her eyes. Zach laughed a bit, "No, I mean the one I wrote about MJ."

Jack couldn't help but smile at the fact he still called Melody by the nickname he gave her. He thought it was just adorable. "The one you sent me?"

" 'Can't You See', yeah..." Zach nodded. "I finished it and I want to release it. I need closure and...I think it's really good."

The group looked at each other. Dropping this song could easily be the thing that officially pushes the two together or officially pull them apart. Was that a chance they were willing to take? Absolutely.

"Okay." Daniel nodded and rested his head on Franny's shoulder. "I'll set up a meeting to pitch it tomorrow."