Ch 1

(Yunho's Pov)

Walking down the street in the rain after making a snack run at the nearby store for everyone I suddenly stop when I hear a loud bang from the alleyway I'm about to pass. Jumping startled from the loud noise I hear more banging and the sound of trash cans being knocked over. Frowning I debate on whether to see what's going on or to just leave and run back to the dorms. Just as I'm about to take a step towards the direction of the dorms I hear a loud cry making me concerned. Running into the alley without thinking I look around for any sign of someone being there. Suddenly my eyes spot two eyes staring at me from inside an overturned trash can. Blinking I carefully squat down seeing a small calico cat with blue eyes watching me. I move closer and receive a warning hiss from the animal so I quickly stop my movements for a minute. I then cautiously hold my hand out to the cat. It takes a moment but soon he slowly climbs out of the trash can and walks up to my hand sniffing it before nudging his head against it. Smiling I gently pet the little cat seeing how small, battered and hungry he is. Gently running my fingers through his matted fur making him purr I can't help but frown a little. "You need someone to look after you little guy." Suddenly getting an idea I gently pick the small cat up before heading across the street to a pet store. I grab a few things that are most important like food and everything. I then rush back to the dorms with bags in my hands and I carefully hide the cat in my jacket. I carefully sneak into the dorm and just as I'm about to make it to my room I hear someone clear their throat and I jump startled turning to see Seonghwa. "Where have you been? We sent you out for snacks two hours ago." I immediately shift a little. "Sorry hyung I got distracted. Here's your snacks." I make sure to quickly give him the bags from the convenience store and turn to head into my room when he gets my attention. "Your hiding something." I go to protest when I hear and feel the cat starting to fuss. Quickly grabbing him gently so he won't fall he maneuvers his way out of my jacket. Seonghwa looks at the cat in slight shock before giving me a slight look. "When exactly were you going to mention you got a cat?" I give an apologetic sheepish smile. "Once I got him settled. I found him in an alley and he looks like he could use a good home." Seonghwa looks the cat over before sighing. "Fine just make sure you take care of him." I smile happily thanking him before heading to my room. I put the things I bought down then head to the bathroom gently putting the cat in the tub before turning the water on and start bathing him. He's surprisingly very calm about it and doesn't fight me. I don't know if he's just desperate to get clean or if he's a weird cat but I'm grateful he didn't claw me or anything. Once I dry him off I set him down in my room and pour him some food in a bowl along with some water. I watch as he goes up to it but turns his nose up at it and I can't help but frown. Suddenly hearing my door burst open I turn my head to see Mingi standing in the doorway smiling. "I heard you got a cat and I wanna see." Going to look at the cat I frown when I don't see him near the food bowls. Looking around the room I then check under my bed and see him hiding. Sighing I gently hold my hand out. "Great Mingi you scared him." He apologizes and I finally get the small cat out and hold him in my arms. Mingi moves closer and blinks. "He's tiny. And looks like crap." I give him a slight look. "You'd look like crap to if you were living on the streets and sleeping in the rain in a trash can." He holds his hand up in surrender before looking at me curiously. "What's his name?" I blink and frown. "I haven't thought of one yet." He hums in thought and I also start to think. "What about patches? His colors look like little patches on him." I blink thinking for a minute before nodding. "Yeah sure that'll work." I look down to see patches asleep in my arms and I smile softly going to gently place him on my bed. I then shoo Mingi away and climb into bed slowly falling asleep.