Chapter 51

Time skip a few weeks
Riley's pov
"I genuinely don't understand why I can't take him to another state?! This is not a safe place for him and it's gonna ruin him when he finds out people are searching for him." I said.

"Your a child Riley. You can't just take your little brother out of state for the rest of your life!" Mr. Johnson said.

"Your opinion doesn't matter! I'm 18 going on 19 in a few months. I can handle the rent and I can handle taking them to a better school where kids aren't bullying them for being a Sawyer." I yelled out.

Me and the math teacher have been going at each other for days on different opinions.

Since his brother is my lawyer he decided to butt into the situation.

"I have the money. I have more money than both of you and your brother combined. When you get money call me and then you can place your opinion on my life!" I yelled.

"Riley your not mature enough to handle this! You and your brother needs an actual adult to help you." He said sitting down in his chair.

"What are you gonna do? Create an entire law just for me?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"GOD! You are no help!" I yelled opening the door and slamming it.

I felt a lot of people looking at me. I walked along side of the railing feeling a lot of eyes on me.

Anna's POV
"Yeah hold on I'll catch up with you guys later." I said and they all nodded leaving.

I caught up with Riley who seemed to be embarrassed by the amount of eyes were on us.

"Cmon." I said pulling her to the nearest bathroom.

I locked the bathroom and turned to see Riley staring at me.

"Why did you pull me in here?" She asked me.

"I don't know to be honest... but how you holding up?" I asked her.

"Fucking terrible..." she mumbled sliding down the wall.

"Are you gonna be okay?" I asked her and she shrugged.

I sat next to her as her head laid on my shoulder.

"Anna..." she whispered.

"I wanna move..." she said and I looked at her.

"Far away. I'm gonna move somewhere out of state. This state is so fucking shitty." She said.

"Are you gonna finish high school?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I'll graduate... I've already got colleges wanting me..." she mumbled.

"But after this Im out of here. Im gonna go so far no one will know me..." she said and I smiled.

"Just me... and Parker..." she whispered.

"Your not gonna take me?" I asked her joking around.

"I don't want anyone to know where we are going. Parker feels safer if it's like that." She said.

I nodded in understanding as she sighed. She started to straddle my lap as she smiled at me.

"Thank you... Anna. You've really helped me. Like a lot. Even though I've said things I shouldn't have... I love you..." she said mumbling the last few words.

She laid her head in the crook of my neck while I wrapped my arms around her.

"What did you say on the last three words?" I asked her making sure I had heard her correctly.