Funeral

I was making dinner when Luke came through and said "hey it's my mums funeral in a week and I really want you to come with me"
"Haha nice joke Luke"
"It's not a joke"
"Your mum hasn't died"
"She has" he burst out crying.

I turned around and looked into who eyes which were dripping with tears.

"Come here it will be okay" I said pulling him into a hug.
"It wont"
"Everything gets better, Afterall you need darkness for stars to shine"
"Like you?" He looked up and said
"I'm not a star"
"Yes you are"
"No I'm not"
"Yes you are and that's final." he said

"How?" I asked
"How what?"
"Did she die"
"She had bleeding in the brain, which we didn't know about, and when she was going to get treatment she.... she... died."
"I'm sorry Luke"
"Why are you saying sorry to me?"
"Sorry for your loss"
"I should be the one saying sorry! I took my mum for granted! And now she's gone and I can't even tell her I love her! I'm such an idiot!" He threw a few plates on the ground.
"Luke please stop!"
"But it's all my fault! I didn't ask once whether she feels okay! She always complained about having headaches and I didn't care! Nooooo" he said banging his head on the cabinet and staying there.

"Is everything o-" Ash said and I actioned for him to go away
"Okay" he whispered.

"Luke just calm down" I said grabbing his hand that had blood all over it
"Luke does this not hurt?"
"I deserve it anyway"
"No you don't your mum died of natural causes not you, it wasn't your fault!"
"It was"
"Luke your so ignorant"
"So I don't care whatever I'm going for a walk"

"I need to sought your hand out first"
"Okay do it quickly"

I wrapped his hand up and he flinched a few times.
"Stop being such a wuss"
"I'm not a wuss"
"Oh really" I poked his hand and he flinched, "see?"
"Okay well I'm going on this walk whatever"

~1 week later~

Today is his mums funeral. Poor boy. I don't know how I would live if I lost someone who was this close to me.

"Do my tie please?" Luke asked with bloodshot eyes
"Luke everything happens for a reason you know"
"Yes but she was an amazing person why did she go?"
"Do you know life and death are deeply in love and life sends lots of gifts to death and death keeps them forever"
"Were do you get all of these from?"
"Twitter and tumblr"
"Your so stupid! But your my stupid" he said bopping my nose
"Cheesy as fuck there Luke"
"I don't care how cheesy I am because I love you and don't want to lose you"
"Me too"
"Me too? That's all I get?"
"Yup" I said
"5 minutes until the start Luke we need you to come now" Lukes brother said
"Okay. Love you lyra" he said kissing me and walking away
"I love you too"

After about half an hour it was Lukes turn to do a speech.

My amazing mum. Where to start?

When I was younger I always looked up to my mum as an inspiration. All she did was care about others. She kept on staying at her lousy job to care for us, when all she wanted to be was a photographer.

She was a loyal women who we all loved dearly. But she has joined Grandad in heaven so she isn't alone. No one is alone.

She told me a story a few weeks before her death about how when she was younger she felt alone because she was the youngest of 4 children and no one understood her life because she was 8 years younger than the nearest sibling's age. But when she met Dad, she knew he was the one. Like when I met Lyra, I knew she was the one. Im not going to propose but I hope we will get married one day.

And too anyone who hasn't met my mum, she was the kindest person I've ever met and your should all look up to her as an inspiration, a mum, a sister and a daughter.

Do you know I told you about how she wanted to be a photographer? Well I'm in a band and I begged the management to let her be our photographer, he finally said yes and it was going to be a surprise for my mum so I headed home and when I walked through the front door I was hit with the news. Infact I have the signed paper here.

Thank you for listening and please never forget about our amazing role model Elizabeth Rose Hemmings.

Now can we have a few words from my dearest girlfriend, Lyra.

What? What does he think he's doing? I stood up and my palms were sweating.
"You'll do great babe" he whispered as he walked past
"No I cant"
"You can"

I got up there and took a deep breath.

Erm hi....

This has took me by surprise I haven't planned anything.

I don't know how it feels to lose someone you love but I know what it's like to be in a near death situation and I really wanted to go. Liz was living in pain because Luke told me she always had headaches,and, if she wasn't happy it was best for her to be up there with your grandad.

I know you feel like a piece of you is missing but, as I always say, it takes darkness for stars to shine. Maybe you can make something good out of this. I'm sure that Liz wouldn't want you grieving, she would want you to celebrate her passing as would any of you.

I have only had brief conversations with Liz,but I know she is an amazing character and deserves a celebration not grief.

Thank you for listening.

After the funeral we went to Lukes hotel room.

"You're an amazing person you know that?" Luke said
"Me?"
"No the bed,speaking of the bed"
"No Luke"
"Whyyyy"
"I need to take a shower"
"Can I come in too?"
"No Luke! What's up with you?"
"I used to say I love you when I didn't mean it, but now I am falling in deep deep love with you, the unconditional type that I can't let go of."

------------------------------------

Whoop whoop!

This chapters abit long I'm sorry but I really want to finish the book soon kkkkkkk

Sooo I'm doing the question thingy

Favourite TV programme?

Mines how I met your mother obvsss

Anywayssss

Byeee my little beautys,

Molly 💃