Prologue: Lead

*isn't this picture from my snap a mood?*

Hey all!!! It's Mystique again!!!

Thank you all for deciding to read "An Honest Heart"! This is the sequel to my book, "Liar-Liar", which you might want to read before hand!

For those of you who have read it, this will basically be the little reminder type chapter.

It is short and the first few chapters might be that way also.

But I promise it will still be good! Hopefully 😅
*********************************

Question of the Chapter:
What do you guys expect or hope to happen in this sequel?

*********************************

The smell of tea and scones filled the air as Chief Inspector Wilson walks through the door of the department.

Wilson nods to everyone that greets him, but he has something more important to get to: a lead.

"Chief! Thank goodness you're here!" Inspector Brown says as Wilson walks into the room.

"What do you have for me, inspector?" Wilson asks, getting to the point. Brown nods his head and shows him a receipt, a long list of food purchases. "This was taken from his car, sir. So we followed him out with surveillance cams and saw him go into this one old neighborhood where most of the folks have moved out." Brown explains.

"I want undercover cops near there to watch for him. He**, make them move into a house if we need them to! The paparazzi is getting up my a** and Mr Sangster is growing more hysterical every day. Bloody he**, he won't stop calling! Poor bloke really loves this gal," Wilson says, shaking his head.

Brown nods his head and says: "Can't blame him. If my wife went missin like this and wasn't found for a month, I'd be pretty da** scared too! And they didn't leave each other on the best of terms either."

Wilson nods his head in agreement. "Do we even know about what?"

"He was drinking and she found him sleeping with another woman who he had thought was y/n while under the drug's influence." Brown states, looking over some files.

"Has he had a past with alcohol? Anything else we should take note of?" Wilson asks.

"He's had a history of both smoking and drinking." Brown says, looking over the files. "Smoking he stopped a long time ago and the alcohol he hadn't ever consumed like that. According to most friends and family he was usually good about not getting too drunk or would have a friend on standby for him. This was the first time he had purchased alcohol in months! But he did confess to having slightly fallen back into that addiction weeks earlier and had been collecting a beer or two every week or so from his friends."

"Has he had anymore?" Wilson asks Brown, the wheels clearly turning in his brain.

"According to his mum, Tasha, and his friend Dylan O'Brien, they've kept him away so far." Brown replies, looking back at the script of recorded phone call updates.

Wilson replies only with a nod, looking over the receipt.

"Has our suspect been in contact with Leila Black? Do we know?" Wilson asks, looking back up at Brown. Brown shakes his head. "Nothin that we know of, Chief."

Wilson grunts, looking back down at the paper. "I want her under watch as well. We're gonna get y/n y/l/n out of whatever hell she's been thrown into." Wilson says before he heads to the door.

"Let's just hope we're not too late."

Authors Note (PLEASE READ):

So in this second series of the book, there's definitely going to be some... heavier topics. I'll put a red flag 🚩 every time there's a heavier topic starting point and ending point. If it gets bad as I'm still writing it, I will put this book on "Mature", but for now I think it's ok...

please tell me if you think otherwise, thank you!